Page 226 of 251 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2501
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    The only thing I dont like about RU is the massive RED fanboy energy and the incredible number of fluffy posts as a result.
    The "RED Culture" and fanboy attitude are definitely what turns some away from RED. And it's kind of sad, because there are plenty of normal, level-headed people with RED cameras doing great things with them that don't act like that. I have seen some of the most ridiculous behavior you could imagine over on RU. I've been following the Komodo sub-forum over there, because I'm interested in that camera and there is a thread 17 pages deep about receiving and replying to emails for ordering the white (stormtrooper) Komodo. Posts along the lines of, "I received the email and immediately replied at 5:56am. I didn't hear anything back by 6:01am so I replied again. It's 6:18am, now and I still haven't gotten a reply. Do you think I need to email them again? Do you think I screwed something up?". And page after page of adults(professionals?) posting the date and the EXACT time when they received and replied to emails and how long it took to get resplies and if they still haven't gotten a reply and should they email them again, so they can try to figure out where they are "in line" and when they may receive their cameras. It's honestly one of the damndest things I've ever seen. It's almost like little kids in the back seat of a car saying "are we there yet? are we there yet?" over and over and over... But more annoying and sad. It's also amazing the sheer number of people(at least a couple hundred, from what I gather) absolutely tripping over themselves to pay EXTRA(~17% premium) to buy a camera with un-finished firmware.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Oh I see it now - they didnt like that Komodo won't work with RF lenses right off the bat. True, it seems odd. But whatever, they worked on EF first. Those are way more common anyway.

The degree of brand loyalty is intense...and probably correlated to the size of their financial investment...
    It actually started a few weeks before with an article on the Tilta accessories for it.

I think it's more than just the amount of money spent. I think it's deeper and the cameras and culture have become tied inextricably to their self-identity and their perception of their self-worth.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    I think it's deeper and the cameras and culture have become tied inextricably to their self-identity and their perception of their self-worth.

How very correct you are.

JB
    Cinematographer
    Ontario Canada
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

4. Collapse Details
    It actually started a few weeks before with an article on the Tilta accessories for it.

I think it's more than just the amount of money spent. I think it's deeper and the cameras and culture have become tied inextricably to their self-identity and their perception of their self-worth.
    I purposely try to avoid buying lifestyle products for the reasons you listed and even when I do (Apple products veer into this territory), I shun fanboyism and being an Apple fanatic for the same reason. People get really freaking weird about that stuff.
    These are stupid boxes of electronics, not magic talismans. I've hated the RED image (skulls, diamond plate, Ed Hardy graphic influence, the dumb product names, etc. ) because its so incredibly sophmoric and everything that people who aspire to create content and art should
    eschew.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I wasn't planning, and I'm not planning to buy anything but that said, if something is really good I can tempted into a spontaneous buy. I'm not much for pre-ordering.

6. Collapse Details
    The "RED Culture" and fanboy attitude are definitely what turns some away from RED.
    I mean, I would still buy the cameras. RU isn't stopping me from buying the cameras. Having clients who don't want RAW is. The cameras are great, although the overpriced accessories ecosystem is what one owner called "a special kind of financial torture."

Oh one other nice thing about Matt Allard of Newsshooter - he put out a post about the new BM forum. The very first comment on that post was like, "why are you driving traffic away from your own site" haha. I appreciate his chill live-and-let-live mentality. Very un-American lol

7. Collapse Details
    Very un-American lol
    Probably because he’s Australian

8. Collapse Details
    That is deeply unsettling. So I tried to come up with a joke -
    Attachment 139951
    Forget what? LOL.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

9. Collapse Details
    The "RED Culture" and fanboy attitude are definitely what turns some away from RED. And it's kind of sad, because there are plenty of normal, level-headed people with RED cameras doing great things with them that don't act like that. I have seen some of the most ridiculous behavior you could imagine over on RU. I've been following the Komodo sub-forum over there, because I'm interested in that camera and there is a thread 17 pages deep about receiving and replying to emails for ordering the white (stormtrooper) Komodo. Posts along the lines of, "I received the email and immediately replied at 5:56am. I didn't hear anything back by 6:01am so I replied again. It's 6:18am, now and I still haven't gotten a reply. Do you think I need to email them again? Do you think I screwed something up?". And page after page of adults(professionals?) posting the date and the EXACT time when they received and replied to emails and how long it took to get resplies and if they still haven't gotten a reply and should they email them again, so they can try to figure out where they are "in line" and when they may receive their cameras. It's honestly one of the damndest things I've ever seen. It's almost like little kids in the back seat of a car saying "are we there yet? are we there yet?" over and over and over... But more annoying and sad. It's also amazing the sheer number of people(at least a couple hundred, from what I gather) absolutely tripping over themselves to pay EXTRA(~17% premium) to buy a camera with un-finished firmware.
    And this is what is great about DVX; we can turn a heated debate about the failings or not of a major new product launch into an erudite discussion and takedown of another forum, its competing camera system and its mad-as-a-box-of-frogs fanboys - just don't mention politics, guns or religion:-D
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

10. Collapse Details
    Newsshooter has compiled all the movie recording info from the manual. It's all in the manual, but he's culled it and presented it in one place: https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/08/...cording-video/

A few items of note -

"The screen display may seem slightly slow in low temperatures or may look black in high temperatures. It will return to normal at room temperature

If there is a very bright light source in the image, the bright area may appear black on the screen. Movies are recorded almost exactly as they appear on the screen. Image noise or irregular colors may occur when shooting at high ISO speeds, high temperatures, slow shutter speeds, or under low light.

Display of the Temperature icon during movie recording also indicates that the camera will turn off automatically in approx. 3 min

According to Canon, when attaching or detaching RF lenses you should always set the camera’s power switch to <OFF>.

Although Canon doesn’t specifically state that you do this for EF lenses when using any of the EF-EOS R adapters, they do still state, ‘For lens precautions, see Attaching/Detaching RF Lenses.’"

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 226 of 251 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast