Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Any word on whether it has a 30 minute video recording limit?
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

2. Collapse Details
    Headphone jack moved to the optional battery grip?

WTF?

That sucks
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer/Director, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    And for current XT3 owners:
    Will I be able to work with the H265 codec directly in Resolve, or is transcoding still mandatory? I have a ryzen with 64GB of RAM and an nvidia 2060super with 8GB of RAM.
    Maybe the easiest thing here would be for me to download a few clips and play with them, there must be plenty shared online, let's see if I can have time for that this weekend...
    Find out whether your machine/gpu allows for hardware accelerated encoding/decoding of h265 video. That's what makes the difference.

My old Mac Pro 5,1 (12-core, 64GB RAM, 12GB Titan X) could not even begin to playback 400Mbps X-T3 footage. But my new Mac Pro 5,1 (should have been a 7,1... long story) which has a pair of Radeon VIIs with a software modification that allows the Radeon VII to activate hardware encoding/decoding of h264/h265 - can edit, playback and render that same nightmare h265 footage like butter.

4. Collapse Details
    I have learned over the years, if they do not lead with it, the feature is probably not in the camera. No internal 10bit 4:2:2 and no mention of crops or 30 min. time limits. There was a weird wobble/warp in the DPReview footage like electronic stabilization instead of IBIS. The still images look fantastic and Jordan did mention the AF as being very good. Jordan also mentioned something about the door being open to a video centric model. That might be conjecture or maybe a hint. They have some great raw material here. It would be very compelling if Fuji decided to lean in on their video features.

I see the XT-4 as a better stills camera than a GH6 when it arrives. If Fuji could step up to a GH-series user experience and specs (full sized HDMI, more codec girth, exposure tools and video buttons), I would lean towards the Fuji. 2020 is looking to be a great year for hybrid cameras. Waiting to see what Canon and Panny have to offer.

5. Collapse Details
    So, that last list that I liked was the real deal. Nice.

A few questions in case anybody can play with the XT4:
    - Are there crops in any modes? 2k HFR modes I'm looking at you
    - Does eye-detect AF work in video mode? And does it stick to the subject well enough? The XT3 debacle is worrying: having something that works and breaking it with a non-reversible firmware "upgrade" is... not nice.

And for current XT3 owners:
    Will I be able to work with the H265 codec directly in Resolve, or is transcoding still mandatory? I have a ryzen with 64GB of RAM and an nvidia 2060super with 8GB of RAM.
    Maybe the easiest thing here would be for me to download a few clips and play with them, there must be plenty shared online, let's see if I can have time for that this weekend...
    1.18x in 4K 60P, 1.29x in FHD 120/240P

There's an option to enable a 1.29x crop in ALL recording modes.

Eye-AF works in video mode (except 240P), it claims to have improved over X-T3.

6. Collapse Details
    ^ Thanks!

Not too happy about those crops, though...
    1.18x turns the 1.52x original crop factor into 1.79x, which is much closer to m43 than to APS-C.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    ^ Thanks!

Not too happy about those crops, though...
    1.18x turns the 1.52x original crop factor into 1.79x, which is much closer to m43 than to APS-C.
    The 1.18x crop applied when shooting 4K 60 is likely due to sensor limitations, as the sensor isn't capable of doing a full sensor readout at 60fps. The X-T3 had the same crop and this 4K 60 limitation also affected the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K (which is likely using the same sensor).

One other note is that the new digital image stabilization (DIS) feature, if enabled, imposes an additional 10% crop as well.

There's a table showing the different video crop factors about midway down the page here:
    https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuj...itial-review/4

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    I have learned over the years, if they do not lead with it, the feature is probably not in the camera. No internal 10bit 4:2:2 and no mention of crops or 30 min. time limits.
    There is a 20 minute time limit when shooting 4K 50/60 and a 30 minute time limit in other video modes. The 240 fps HD mode has a 3 minute time limit (or 6 minutes if shooting 120 fps HD).

Internal recording is still 10-bit 4:2:0 when recording HEVC/H.265 and 10-bit 4:2:2 output is only possible over HDMI.

From the official Fuji specifications pages here:
    https://fujifilm-x.com/global/produc...pecifications/
    https://fujifilm-x.com/global/produc...feature-video/

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by davedv View Post
    There's a table showing the different video crop factors about midway down the page here:
    https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fuj...itial-review/4
    Thanks, that's a very useful table.

Keeping it at 1x for all the 400 Mbps modes is good enough for me, I think.

10. Collapse Details
    Have watched the video reviews and read the first articles.

My whinging list
    Still have the recording limits
    Taking away the 3.5mm headphone jack is a bummer
    Still no video waveform
    Still with the micro HDMI?? Ah jeez
    Crops - duh, of course they have cropping, which cameras don't? The FX9 has all kinds of cropping limitations. Simple, use a wider lens if you shoot in crop modes all of the time. I have found the 1.18X on the X-T3 to be no big deal.
    Reading Johnnie over at Cinema 5D's review, he is reporting the focusing twitch is still there when shooting FLog in low light?!? WTH?

My like list
    IBIS seems like a winner, better than the X-H1 although not as good as the standard bearer GH5, but they'll eventually get there
    Flippy screen - meh, whatever. I have the 80D laying around that has it, but I was fine with the X-T3 screen too. If you Vlog, why not just buy a used GH5?
    Bigger battery seems like a winner
    Dual card recording! Yay!
    REC709 monitoring when shooting F-Log - Good on ya!
    240 fps FHD - Nice but have heard multiple reports that it's soft and mushy. Guess that's to be expected, although the 120 fps on the X-T3 is at least usable

Overall, it seems like a good camera, positive movement forward. I'm keeping my X-T3 but I might buy an X-T4 as a second small camera possibly late this year?
    I have a hard time deciding, our C200 shooting RAW is still noticeably better quality than the X-T3 shooting F-Log but the X-T3 is amazingly capable as a
    B cam or gimbal cam or for shoots where we need to stay small and light/travel shoots. I'd like to buy a 100-400mm lens, hard to decide if I will buy a Canon
    for the C200/C300 MKII or buy the Fuji for the X-T3. Work and money flow will dictate all of this, have been renting both the Canon and Fuji 100-400 lenses for
    a few things here and there and I like both lenses.

Probably not buying anything unless some new projects dictate that I need to, gotta keep the GAS under control!
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast