Thread: FX9 success?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Collapse Details
    Doug, you are without a doubt an incredible wealth of knowledge and everyone on DVXUser or any other forum you are a part of appreciates your input and expertise. That being said, when it comes to things that are subjective, like whether non-colored peaking works better than colored peaking, you state your opinion as a matter-of-fact and if anyone challenges you or feels differently, then you call them ignorant and claim they have no experience. This does nothing but make you look arrogant and ruin topics of conversation for others.

You are a smart guy Doug, we all know this. But dang, if something works for someone that's different than your method, that doesn't make it wrong. I myself like red colored peaking because it helps me see the peaking easier on the FS7's poor quality LCD screen. It also makes more sense to me when shooting. I have a feel for it and I like that. That doesn't make me ignorant or inexperienced. I've owned an FS7 for over four years and that's the option that works best for me. I know when things are in focus with it and when things are not which allows me to pull focus accurately. Isn't that the point of peaking after all? So what does is matter if I use color or not so long as the tool itself is working for ME to give ME accurate results?

You once told me that there was no excuse not to color my projects in Resolve and that if I didn't like round-tripping from Premiere to Resolve then I clearly had no idea what I was doing and that I was obviously inexperienced. But Doug, not everyone wants to work in Resolve. For ME and for countless others like me, we have tight turnaround times and like to work in one Program so we can quickly cut our projects, color them, send them to Audition and then get them out the door. People like me also might have to send projects to other members of the project who might not have Resolve, so using a program we all have makes more sense. That doesn't make me inexperienced or ignorant. It simply means that the workflow I have in place works for the types of jobs I do with the type of people I work with, as it does for many, many others.

I love that you participate in these forums, but you need to chill out on the arrogance and quit stating opinions as matter-of-fact. And you need to stop insulting people by calling them ignorant or inexperienced just because they use a different focus peaking method than you or a different program or whatever the case may be. You are a wealth of knowledge, but you are not the god of video production. The sooner you learn that, the better this forum will be.
    Last edited by Joshua Milligan; Yesterday at 09:37 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Don't mind Doug. He's been that way ever since he invented the internet.

J.Cummings-Lighting Cameraman
    http://www.ohfilmworks.com
    IMDb

3. Collapse Details
    I'm used to Doug so its no problem for me and I'm glad for the input even if I don't ultimately agree. I did respect his opinion enough to double check how I use my VF and came to my own conclusion. To paraphrase: "Some people can see what's in front of their eyes and others apparently can't!" :-)

I can see what's in front of mine.

Meanwhile a much more interesting subject has just come my way. A friend who has Sony Pro support says there is a new firmware update for the FX9 out v 1.04. I don't see anything about this yet on the web.
    Anyone else see this?
    Last edited by LennyLevy; Yesterday at 03:57 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Joshua, thank you for the feedback. If you didn't like my comments about colored peaking or your S-LOG workflow I don't think you'd like to hear what else I'd like to tell you, so I'll leave it at that. You say that you "appreciate my input and expertise" but I don't think that is true. You want to hear what you want to hear. And you choose to ignore the rest and even take offense that anyone would suggest there might be a better way of doing something. Here's my advice for you -- if you find my opinions that deeply insulting and offensive then I suggest that you may want to avoid reading any of my posts in the future.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    I'm used to Doug so its no problem for me and I'm glad for the input even if I don't ultimately agree.
    That is the right attitude to have. I agree 100%. I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions any more than I agree with the opinions of others. But I'm not about to stop calling them as I see them just because someone doesn't like it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyLevy View Post
    I'm used to Doug so its no problem for me and I'm glad for the input even if I don't ultimately agree. I did respect his opinion enough to double check how I use my VF and came to my own conclusion. To paraphrase: "Some people can see what's in front of their eyes and others apparently can't!" :-)

I can see what's in front of mine.

Meanwhile a much more interesting subject has just come my way. A friend who has Sony Pro support says there is a new firmware update for the FX9 out v 1.04. I don't see anything about this yet on the web.
    Anyone else see this?
    It’s a small update to fix a frozen screen issue some users were having. Nothing special.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks - Too bad, I had high hopes.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011