Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Holy smokes, I bought a F35 too
    Hello everyone, my first post, but I have been here forever drooling over your F35 talks. I can talk now too. Lol

It arrived last week. Body, gold mount battery plate with the lemo connector that goes to the camera main power port. Remote thingy and its cable, and riser plate. It came without a IF box but Bobby from KP Pro Video, New York just sent me one completely free. I attempted to power it today. WOW It's Alive. Holly smokes I have f35 too now! Boom!

Question: I'm powering straight to the camera
    Will the IF box work, will it get power from the dock? Or power must go through it from the XLR cable(Which I don't have). I only have one SDI cable here right now, so I connected it from A port (IF box) to A port (Odyssey 7q). I get a pink screen. If move it to the B (If box) I think its blue or green. So I think it will only show an image if 2 cables are connected? I have no experiences with Dual Link. If I am getting these pink screens is it safe to assume the if box is getting power?Thanks guys for any reply.

2. Collapse Details
    If you power the camera throught the lemo port it will provide power for everything including the DC out that doen't get powered if you go through the IF box so nothing to worry about there. As for the second issue to use dual link with the Odyssey you do need to have 2 cables. You can use the monitor port to test things out on the back of the camera, it is only single link.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks dhessel. When you say everything, that includes the IF box too?So I can run the odyssey 7q once I get the SDI cables? Why the IF box has power inputs? When would I want run power through there? Thanks again.

4. Collapse Details
    It works now, I got video coming from the IF Box. Yesss!!!
    Can someone point me to a tutorial thread of how to setup the camera and odyssey to record 12 bit. So far I chose 444 DPx on the Odyssey and its showing an image. I'm happy! Any good thread specific to odyssey?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    It works now, I got video coming from the IF Box. Yesss!!!
    Can someone point me to a tutorial thread of how to setup the camera and odyssey to record 12 bit. So far I chose 444 DPx on the Odyssey and its showing an image. I'm happy! Any good thread specific to odyssey?
    Just got your name reference.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Just got your name reference.
    Hah you are the one.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, if own a Odyssey 7q is there any advantage in buying Sony SRW-1? There is one cheap on ebay right now. I just bought my f35 and I have not shot or recorded anything on the odyssey yet because I'm waiting for SSDs.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, if own a Odyssey 7q is there any advantage in buying Sony SRW-1? There is one cheap on ebay right now. I just bought my f35 and I have not shot or recorded anything on the odyssey yet because I'm waiting for SSDs.
    From reading the great F35 “got a new camera” thread, seems most prefer the Odyssey.

Even the Sr-R1 was too big for me. F35 can be nearly as compact as the LT or mini if you go 10bit

9. Collapse Details
    Thank you. So though the odyssey 7q is preferred, the srw-1 will not add anything to the camera that the odyssey doesn't?

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you. So though the odyssey 7q is preferred, the srw-1 will not add anything to the camera that the odyssey doesn't?
    It gives you 12bit to tape, and a very big counter balance to the camera. Other than that, it is all 1’s and 0’s, so, i’d imagine they are quite the same, based on reading in the threads.

However, i never went 12bit. I purchased the SR-R1 digital back and some mags, but had a fan max issue on my f35, and just didn’t bother. Then after i sold the SR recorder. My F35 experience was short lived but very romantic. I love the camera dearly. Xoxo
    Last edited by James0b57; 02-02-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast