Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinF View Post
    Never, once you went Arri there is no turning back
    Im not denying that.

It just seems like a disconnect. Classic of those that buy a fancy camera and no money left for a decent tripod.

Either you and your clients need that great image and matching image.. or they dont. The proper Bcam is another one (and matching lens set) or a Mini. If you dont have the cash for that fair enough - few do ! - get the client to rent one or hire a Bcam op with the correct kit.

Must buy?

For hendheld/stick Id be looking at a c500ii or for gimbal Id be zcam I guess as BMC are a bit wide. Or C200 or eva1

Or wiat for FS6 or EVA2 ?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Get the Alexa Pocket cam.
    I threw one in the wash once. Gotta be carfeul with them. Can forget about em.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinF View Post
    Hi everyone,

I need a more portable (and more affordable) B-Cam to go alongside the Arri Amira.
    To have a second angle for interviews, to maybe go on a gimbal, to mount it in tight spaces or to be used when the big camera is just too obtrusive.

I was thinking maybe C300 mkII for the 1080p 4444, heard good things but never used one and there is a pl mount version available, which would be nice as most of my glass is PL. But still kind of big.
    Or BM Pocket 4K or 6K or even the old micro cinema camera?

Anybody got any experience on this and likes to share?

cheers,
    MArtin
    You will absolutely need to test it for yourself.

First of all, as you know, nothing quite handles a scene like an Alexa at this point. So, only you will be able to gauge the pros and cons.

The usual suspects are:
    Red Gemini
    Canon C series
    Black Magic (they go a little far on the complimentary colours, but so does Arri, imho)
    Fuji Xt3
    Canon 5D whatever

And the new comers:
    A used Alexa classic, which is now cheaper than some of the above mentioned options
    The Zcam series.
    Panasonic EVA1
    Panasonic S1H

But i am curious, why get an Alexa for multicam. Haha. Multicam generally has such global soft light, that a GH4 would probably still look great.

Captain Morgan has it right.
    Last edited by James0b57; 01-30-2020 at 12:33 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    EVA1 is a great B-cam to an Amira. Very easy to match them up. Wooden Camera makes a PL mount retrofit for the EVA1.
    Last edited by Mitch Gross; 01-30-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    EVA1 is a great B-cam to an Amira. Very easy to match them up. Wooden Camera makes a PL mount retrofit for the EVA1.
    +1

I’d imagine a S1H could some bcam, in a pinch. Awesome dynamic range, and a robust enough codec to grade towards Arri.
    Last edited by James0b57; 01-30-2020 at 11:05 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Ah right, thanks, totally forgot about the EVA1, gonna have a closer look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks everybody for the mostly helpful comments ;)
    My ideal B-Cam would indeed be a Arri Micro, which will of course never happen. There are just those situations where anything Arri is to big, so something small would be nice. I do rent a second Amira from time to time and if budget allows, but on those other projects, where everything is limited or you just can not travel with two Arris, it would still be nice to be able to get a second angle or something I simply can not do with the Amira.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12