1. Collapse Details
    FX9: Spanning cards creates separate clips
    Just finished my first paid shoot with FX9 and discovered that spanned cards creates a new clip on spanned card (at least in FCPX import). This means that if you import a clip that spanned two cards it will appear as two clips and you'll have to rejoin in post. Seems like a firmware thing perhaps? But this was the way it used to be in the old days before the clips just automatically joined once you imported in post...

2. Collapse Details
    Did you import the files with catayst browse?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Publimix View Post
    Did you import the files with catayst browse?
    No- I copied cards in ShotPut Pro and then imported into FCPX. The FS7 didn't have an issue with this when spanning cards- has something changed?

4. Collapse Details
    I might be wrong... because it has been some time since I've spanned onto both cards while using my FS7... but my recollection is that it did more or less the same thing as you're describing. Appear as two clips in FCPX - but frame accurate when put on FCPX timeline & rejoining. Seem to vaguely remember that you cannot play back a spanned clip on the FS7 itself. Playback would stop at end of first card - and then you'd have to go to 2nd slot to start playback of remainder of clip.