1. Collapse Details
    S1H shutter lock in video?
    Is there any trick to keeping the shutter locked when shooting video? I have Iris in the front dial and shutter in the read dial. When doing fast clip to next clip, at times I find the shutter changing. This is all handheld shooting where we are on boats, so at times a hand for balance. Things happen fast and I know my thumb hits it. So I tried switching them around and putting shutter in the front. Still do it at times. Use to the FS7 MK2 where I can lock it and not worry.

I know practice will help and I only have short time with the camera. But a lock in the menu or function button would be a smart move. Unless there is a options others have found? Thanks
    Last edited by Paul Cronin; 01-19-2020 at 06:29 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Fifty views, either no one has any options? Or others are just as interested in an option as me?

3. Collapse Details
    If you can't choose the dial to do nothing (with some cameras you can) then maybe change both to aperture so at least you'd be changing that and it might not matter as much. Other than that, I doubt there's a way to lock the shutter but I don't know which camera settings are available.

4. Collapse Details
    Interesting thought, Both aperture is worth a try and then assign wheel to ss. Will look into that option and report back. Thanks

Retired, when did that happen? Not long ago I thought you were still hard at it?

5. Collapse Details
    I use the lock lever settings to lock touch screen and dial. That disables both dials when in lock mode.

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks, I found that and used it at times. But if I am moving around and still need quick aperture adjustment, that means lock on and off. Could be a move I get down. Is there a way to not have one dial lock?

7. Collapse Details
    Out the door, but I might have found an option. In Set Dial, I can make the back dial another function. Then have SS set to angle and keep it at 180. Worth a look, will check it out latter. Not my normal deal using angle since just moving shutter around a bit has worked for me.

8. Collapse Details
    I do think Panasonic should enable more control over those two dials I only use manual lenses with no electronics so I’m fine just disabling both but for others it’s a hassle and a change in shutter speed can be slow to detect and problematic in post

9. Collapse Details
    Glad you agree, maybe Panasonic can do something in a firmware update?

Would love to have full manual, Full Frame zoom glass, but have not found the right options in my budget.