Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Issue with GH5 color shifting while focusing the lens, Strange!
    Hello Group!

I'm having a VERY strange new issue now with my GH5. I've had the camera for 2.5 years now and never experienced this. So, I'm shooting at the moment with my new Veydra mini prime all manual lens in a very well lit room. I set the white balance manually and am shooting at 24p 1080 and I'm noticing after shooting close up and previewing the footage on my large Imac, that the color is shifting and changing color as I'm focusing in and out and along the subject (in this case my cat). It is as if I can see the focus peaking moving as it is focusing but with a slight color shift and this happening as I focus in and out the color shifts slightly. I only notice when shooting close up and watching after importing into FCP. I can't see anything in the LCD, just the blue focus peaking which I have set to low. I tried to reset the camera and it's still happening, and I also did test it with my native Panasonic Leica 42.5mm mft lens to make sure it wasn't the Veydra manual lens and unfortunately I get the same issue. I tried shooting several different color profiles, standard, cine d and V-log all with the same issue, however I did notice the issue is more prominent than the other color profiles when shooting in Vlog!

Has anyone else had this issue when shooting on all manual lenses or other lenses, And, if so can you suggest what to do?

Thank you for your suggestions!
    Last edited by tokun1; 01-16-2020 at 10:26 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Check to see if white balance setting has changed to auto (perhaps by accident?)

3. Collapse Details
    Also make sure you're shooting in the video M mode and not PSAM on the dial. Shooting video in any of those modes on the dial besides videoM with have nearly everything auto including white balance.

Just a thought anyway why you're seeing it all of a sudden.

Cheers, Pete

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for your reply! Great suggestion and great point as that happened the last time I was trying out a new manual lens, I had it on auto white balance and it did have some major color shifting, but I'm shooting all manual. It's only when I focus across the subject, again very odd and very frustrating.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reply Pete, yes I'm shooting in the video M mode and all manual everything.

6. Collapse Details
    Might need to upload the original file to rule out any software problems since you mentioned it doesn't appear on the cameras LCD.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the reply, I just can't see it on the LCD because it is small and the color shift is subtle. Where do I upload the file to, here on DVXuser?

8. Collapse Details
    You'd need to use something like Google drive and list the shareable link. This way we can rule out if it's just your system or the GH5.

9. Collapse Details
    Here is a link you can see the color shifting as I focus in and out of the can of air. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoX...ew?usp=sharing

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tokun1 View Post
    Here is a link you can see the color shifting as I focus in and out of the can of air. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xoX...ew?usp=sharing
    Where do you see the shift? Softer images perceptually change the notion of color intensity.

For instance, the orange does not change (except slightly at the extreme blur probably due to subsampling).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast