1. Collapse Details
    Unusual exposure values on a z150?
    I recently got my z150 and I find that shooting indoors at 25p and a shutter speed of 50, I need a relatively high amount of db (like 9 or 12) in order to get acceptable exposure even at a full open iris. Is that correct? I mean, I hardly see any colour noise. Still those numbers seem pretty high compared to other cameras. E.g. with my GH5 I would hardly to higher than 6db gain. Is that normal???

2. Collapse Details
    The Z150 has a much smaller sensor, thus less light gathering capability. And I'll bet you were using a much faster lens on the GH5. Those two factors probably account for the difference you're seeing. The Z150, Z90, and Z190 are not known for their low-light shooting ability. If you want a small camcorder that is a lot better in low light, then the Z280 is the answer.

3. Collapse Details
    Actually I mostly use f4.0 on the GH5, too. Still just 6db, Doug. So you guess my numbers on the z150 are correct?
    Last edited by SaschaGermany; 01-12-2020 at 07:04 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SaschaGermany View Post
    Doug. So you guess my numbers on the z150 are correct?
    Well, I wasn't there and I don't know the situation and conditions where you were shooting, but yeah, the Z150 is not a good low light camera so your experience doesn't sound out of the ordinary. Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall measuring the Z150 at ISO 400. What is the GH5? That will give you the answer right there.

BTW, I think the Z190 was around ISO 200. The Z280 is ISO 2000 plus an f/1.9 lens at most focal lengths. That is a huge difference compared to the Z150 at ISO 400 plus only an f/4 lens.
    Last edited by Doug Jensen; 01-12-2020 at 12:17 PM.