Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    The S1H only shoots 4K 60P in S35 crop, I believe. Sony may release a FF 4K 60P camera this year. But the rumors websites have been wrong about that prediction for the last 1-2 years, and their FX9 can't shoot FF 60P until a future firmware update. I agree that the S1R is probably the cheapest answer for you, although I believe it may be a 1.09 crop and the readout is pixel binned. If the product were available, you could speedboost FF EF lenses onto the S1's S35 4K 60P and be off to the races. It's no problem with the flange length, but I don't think anyone makes it.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    The S1H only shoots 4K 60P in S35 crop, I believe. Sony may release a FF 4K 60P camera this year. But the rumors websites have been wrong about that prediction for the last 1-2 years, and their FX9 can't shoot FF 60P until a future firmware update. I agree that the S1R is probably the cheapest answer for you, although I believe it may be a 1.09 crop and the readout is pixel binned. If the product were available, you could speedboost FF EF lenses onto the S1's S35 4K 60P and be off to the races. It's no problem with the flange length, but I don't think anyone makes it.
    yeah im looking at the s1r right now. so far the image is impressing me. im worried about the "line skipping" algo for video readout, gonna need to do more testing.

3. Collapse Details
    The different Canon cameras don't actually match each other. From my experience, you could just as easily match a Panasonic camera to the 1DX III as you could an M6. If you want cameras to match, you have to use the same camera.

The full frame 4K from the 1DX MKIII is going to be substantially more detailed than the 4K from any other Canon camera other than the C500 II.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    The different Canon cameras don't actually match each other. From my experience, you could just as easily match a Panasonic camera to the 1DX III as you could an M6. If you want cameras to match, you have to use the same camera.

The full frame 4K from the 1DX MKIII is going to be substantially more detailed than the 4K from any other Canon camera other than the C500 II.
    You're probably right, but I think that my 5Dmk3 matches to my C300 more easily than my GH5 and S1 do. Something in the orange of the skin tones?

I've also heard the postulation that Sony-made sensors match each other more easily. And I believe the Panasonic cameras are using Sony sensors and the Canons are using Canon-made sensors.

Obviously you can match any cameras in post, but if the question is which match requires the least effort, I think staying in brand is probably the way to go (although having matching lenses/coatings is just as if not more important.)

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post

It is a bit easier to match the canon to canon. If in studio stable lighting condition matching different brand will not be complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    You're probably right, but I think that my 5Dmk3 matches to my C300 more easily than my GH5 and S1 do. Something in the orange of the skin tones?

I've also heard the postulation that Sony-made sensors match each other more easily. And I believe the Panasonic cameras are using Sony sensors and the Canons are using Canon-made sensors.

Obviously you can match any cameras in post, but if the question is which match requires the least effort, I think staying in brand is probably the way to go (although having matching lenses/coatings is just as if not more important.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234