Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    what to pair with the new 1dxm3? for b/c cams
    So trying to figure out what my full frame options are to pair with this thing but everything seems like a total joke. Eos-R has a nuts crop factor, the rp is still at a 1.5 crop. ur telling me there are no other good full frame options? do I need to buy used 1dx mk2's lol

2. Collapse Details
    idx 3 is a (high end) B camera

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    its going to be my A cam, so i need two less expensive options to pair with it.
    full frame 4k 24p

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenkiller View Post
    So trying to figure out what my full frame options are to pair with this thing but everything seems like a total joke. Eos-R has a nuts crop factor, the rp is still at a 1.5 crop. ur telling me there are no other good full frame options? do I need to buy used 1dx mk2's lol
    I'm honestly struggling to see what your actual question is here. Are you looking for an additional camera?

Are you looking for another camera to 'pair' with the 1Dx mkIII, but you DON'T want another mkIII?

Good full frame video is the territory of high end cinema cameras. Is it your expectation that there ought to be several good options out there, apart from the mkIII? And if you don't want another mkIII (best match obviously), is it due to price? If so, is it your expectation that other options that "ought to exist" should also be significantly cheaper?

You do mention other, non FF (in terms of video) cameras. Since 'full frame' doesn't have its own look per se (can be matched over a pretty large range of focal lengths), are you open to crop cameras? Another Canon that shoots Canon Log would be the closest.

For a multi camera setup, you might not opt to shoot with the same framing anyway, so format might not be critical. Better to aim for consistent color?
    @andreemarkefors

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    1Dx mk3 is a (high end) B camera
    If you pair it with a higher end camera. If you pair it with a lower end, it kind of becomes the A camera, no?
    @andreemarkefors

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenkiller View Post
    its going to be my A cam, so i need two less expensive options to pair with it.
    full frame 4k 24p
    This post came in as I was writing my other reply. Now I understand better and can safely: LOL.

*tounge in cheek, no offence*
    @andreemarkefors

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreeOnline View Post
    This post came in as I was writing my other reply. Now I understand better and can safely: LOL.

*tounge in cheek, no offence*
    considering sony has been offering a full frame option with all the bells and whistles for how many years now, you can understand why im surprised there is no sub 2k dollar full frame 24p option from canon lmfao what a joke..

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I don't think Canon has what you're looking for. You either need to wait for new releases or accept a crop factor for your B cameras, which is probably the way to go if you need them right now.

9. Collapse Details
    Sony still doesn't offer 10-bit 4:2:2 in their FF DSLMs, which is why I have a Panasonic S1 until and unless Sony does.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Sony still doesn't offer 10-bit 4:2:2 in their FF DSLMs, which is why I have a Panasonic S1 until and unless Sony does.
    i can live without 10bit, im really trying to be here for two reasons, 1. canon skin tones so i can CC a bit less in my workflow and the 1dxmk3's 4k 60p on full frame.
    def didnt realize canon was that tight on their options, explains why they are losing so much sales last few years. silly canon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast