1. Collapse Details
    CX350 SDI out keeps turning off
    I have a CX350 that the SDI port stops sending a signal after about 10 minutes. The camera is still on and the monitor, which is connected by HDMI, is still on. If I turn the camera off and turn it on, it starts working again. It also starts working again if I unplug the SDI and plug it back in to the camera. The problem is definitely with the camera as I have tested it with completely different cables and to a different input on the switcher. Same issue. Any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tayproductions View Post
    The problem is definitely with the camera as I have tested it with completely different cables and to a different input on the switcher. Same issue. Any ideas?
    Using a different input on the switcher doesn't necessarily mean a camera fault. There may be a slight timing incompatibility between the camera and switcher rather than an actual fault. The fact that it works again after disconnecting and reconnecting without power cycling either device suggests this as a possible cause. It still could mean a camera fault in so far as the timing might be out of spec.

The only way to definitively prove this is going to be by trying another CX350 and/or switcher.
    Last edited by Mike Warren; 01-09-2020 at 02:30 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Try sending it to a monitor instead of the switcher. It’s possible you need a frame sync generator between the camera and that switcher.

You can also call our tech support for assistance.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Gross View Post
    Try sending it to a monitor instead of the switcher. Itís possible you need a frame sync generator between the camera and that switcher.

You can also call our tech support for assistance.
    Same issue with a monitor. I have 2 other CX350s with no issues. I contacted support and they requested that I send the camera in. Hopefully, they will be able to duplicate the problem.