Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New small UHD 60P Panasonic trio AG-CX10, HC-X1500, HC-X2000
    These look interesting. The CX10 is the top dog of the three.
    These remind me of those 3 small Sony camcorders that came out a while back but better

Price points at:
    HC-X1500: $1,697.99
    HC-X2000: $2,197.99
    AG-CX10: $2,795.00

-Up to UHD 4K60 Video
    - 3G-SDI, HDMI Out
    -NDI/HX for Streaming and IP Control
    -1/2.5" 8.29M MOS Sensor, Venus Engine
    -24x Optical Zoom, 48x Digital iZoom
    Quite a few features for such small cameras.
    More info here
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora...33343332453738
    panasonic_ag_cx10_4k_camcorder_1578319560_1538307.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    These look quite nice. P2 codecs as well. They are pretty much 1/3" sensors so light gathering (or really noise reduction) will be key to how useful they are outside of daylight situations. It will be interesting if they have the full menu structure like matrix and color correction like the bigger cams.

3. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    They are pretty much 1/3" sensors so light gathering (or really noise reduction) will be key to how useful they are outside of daylight situations.
    They will probably be great if there's enough light, but I'm wondering if they will be usable indoors ? ( the Sony cams mentioned above have 1 inch sensors )

I was expecting something more along the lines of smaller CX350 cams with the same 1 inch sensor.

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah the 1 inch vs 1/3 difference seems to put one advantage to the Sony NX80, AX700 and Z90 compact cams. Yet the Panasonics seems desireable in most other aspects. Maybe the time difference will have allowed some tech advancements to help the low light of the smaller chips Panasonics.

Panasonic is touting them as compact B cams to compliment more expensive A cams. Having a small portable camera that can cut with more expensive A cams is nice, if indeed they will be able to.
    I am probably most excited that they can do 60P UHD

I don't think Panasonic has made a compact camera similar to the old AG HMC40 since then. Many loved the little HCM40 but it's low light was horrible

5. Collapse Details
    I have used my PX270 for five years with 6db as the gain limit. I put Neat Video on when I need 6db. If these cameras can match or exceed this level of light gathering they will be plenty useful for all types of work. We will have to see how refined the image is.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    typically the smaller sensor cameras are helped out by the insanely fast zoom lenses. For example this camera starts at f1.8 while many super zooms for DSLRs start at f4 or worse. That can help out a lot but on the long end this zoom falls to f4 which frankly defeats the purpose of having that long of a zoom. To shoot in large venues.

7. Collapse Details
    The sensors seems to be the same one as in the Sony AX53 so may be a guide as to low light performance. Slightly larger body and h265 makes the UHD 60 P possible compared to the UHD30P of the AX53.

EDIT : Interesting to compare to the Canon XF400 series with 1" sensors. About $500 more Canon's. Less buttons etc on the Canons though for direct manual control.
    Last edited by Ron Evans; 01-08-2020 at 11:00 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Panasonic Representative at YouTube talks about low light, Basically say that recording at 1080 since is 4K downscaled the noise get deminished

9. Collapse Details
    10 bit 4:2:2 in camera for that price WOW

10. Collapse Details
    They look like quite an offering in a small package. I like how they still use the same batteries that the DVX200 and HC-X1 and UX180 use. Panasonic just cleverly angled it 45 degrees down so it effectively fits in the bottom. This is good news for those using the other cameras since they can share long run time batteries and not have to invest in another battery system with different chargers.

This sounds good but can someone explain it to me? I am curious about the ease of use of using these to live stream:
    All three cameras offer live-streaming support via Wi-Fi, but only the CX10 is network-ready via built-in support for NewTek’s NDI HX streaming protocol, including NDI camera control, although a separate NDI license is required. The CX10 also comes with a USB-to-LAN adapter for a wired connection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast