Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nedcam View Post
    I think we should start a thread asking about if users have had it brick up on them BUT don't use the verb brick, many guys won't know what that means.

What it means to me is: Can I trust this camera on a live shoot such as a speech or press conference when I can't be on AC power? That's how you lose a client. It will cause me anxiety, like when you have a radio mic you can't trust but had to use.

As to card speed, I bought the best, the one recommended in Barry's book, the SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from B&H for $200. I only buy cards from B&H and Best Buy due to the controversy of the Chinese making perfect looking counterfeits (Google it) so those are the only two sources I trust. Where did you buy yours? Not Amazon I hope.

I just went through the hassle of boxing up my new camera and sending it back to B&H for a new one. Besides my audio issue I never got the HDMI out to work, so maybe the new camera will be a more recent serial or hopefully not made on a Monday. I really want this camera to be good, I don't see an alternative besides spending an additional $3K for a Sony FS5 and using their kit servo zoom. I'm done with swapping still lenses in a hurry. Did that yesterday with fast moving b-roll, ugh.

Best,

Ned
    When I ordered my CX350 from B&H also ordered the Panasonic brand 128GB V90 memory cards. Expensive cards, yes. Never have experienced any recording or "brick" issues. Never could understand why buy cheap memory cards. In my opinion the risk is not worth it. Prefer peace of mind to saving a few bucks.
    Last edited by nutmegger; 01-08-2020 at 10:36 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    One does not need to spend big for this camera's memory cards if you stay with long GOP recording. B&H has the Sandisk Extreme 128GB 170MBps cards for $45. A trusted name and plenty of speed for all of the recording modes.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    One does not need to spend big for this camera's memory cards if you stay with long GOP recording. B&H has the Sandisk Extreme 128GB 170MBps cards for $45. A trusted name and plenty of speed for all of the recording modes.
    That card says V30 so you're right, it would be a good choice for long-GoP recording.

Again, "170mbps" is meaningless in the context of camcorder usage. The ONLY number that matters is the V speed rating. If it says V60 or V90, it's good. If it says V30, it can be used for long-GoP but not ALL-I. If it doesn't say V30, V60 or V90 on it, don't buy it, regardless of how many megabytes per sec it claims.

A genuine SanDisk bought from an authorized SanDisk seller is a good card, but do pay attention to the exact card you're getting as to it's V rating, SanDisk has a whole lot of "extreme" and "ultra" and "pro" names and it can be confusing. Especially with the obscene level of counterfeiting going on out there.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, thanks Barry. Here is the card and it is $39.99 now.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...28gb_card.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12