Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Lumix S1H Zoom options
    Hope this is the right location to post? Can't find a Lumix S-camera thread.

I am looking for input from S1H owners who have tried the following zoom lens options, for video and stills?

Panasonic Pro S 16-35 f/4 L-Mount
    Sigma 12-24 Art f/2.8 DG DN L-Mount

Panasonic Pro S 24-70 f/2.8 L-Mount
    Sigma 24-70 Art f/2.8 DG DN L-Mount

For longer I am pretty sold on Panasonic Pro S 70-200 f/2.8 L-Mount

2. Collapse Details
    I wasn't aware of a Sigma 12-24 2.8 (I thought it was a 4.0)
    I have the Sigma 14-24 2.8 in Canon Mount - which I use on My EVA1 (which is of course super 35) as well as adapted onto an A7s for full frame/stills.
    I've been very happy with the images from it on both cameras. For full frame it doesn't lose exposure around the corners the way my Nikkor 17-35 does, so it's become a go-to wide lens for full frame stills.
    One thing to be aware of, though, is that it has a curved front element and a design that makes it almost impossible to add filters!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks OnSet, Appreciate your reply and input. Sigma just came out with this lens in the fall. Looks like a great option. There is a spot in the back of the lens for filters.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...xoCsTYQAvD_BwE

4. Collapse Details
    The sigma 14-24 is a great lens but adding a ND filter is a pain. You need the NiSin adapter and a 150x150 filter. That’s huge and expensive. I use it a lot for stills with the S1R. Love it. I had to re-shoot some photos which where done with the D850 and the Nikon 14-24. The sigma was far outstanding better.
    But for video I will get the 16-35 also because of it’s 77mm filter thread and the more versatile focal lengths.

The Panasonic 24-70 is superb. Can’t say anything about the Sigma but it’s common that AF works much better on native lenses
    HTH

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Clermond,

I now have the Panasonic S Pro 24-70 f/2.8, L-mount and am very impressed. Agree I did not go for the Sigma 14-24 because of the filters. At that wide filters are just needed more often then not. So I am waiting for the Panasonic S Pro 16-35. At f/4 it won't be a problem with the S1H.

Also looking at getting the L-mount Sigma 85mm f/1.4 for interviews. Then the Panasonic 70-200 S Pro. That will get me going.

So far I am very impressed with the S1H, one beast of a camera. And that is after using the Sony FS7 MK2 for a couple of years. Prefer the S1H.

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
    I now have the Panasonic S Pro 24-70 f/2.8, L-mount and am very impressed.
    Just out of curiosity, does your Panny 24-70mm lens hold focus when zooming from 70mm to 24mm ?

Apparently some people are lucky and have a copy that will hold focus, while others have said that their copy won't do it.

Just curious to see how common this is.

7. Collapse Details
    Mine seems pretty good. I would not call it ParFocal like a good Cine lens, but better then any other still lens I have used for video.

8. Collapse Details
    Late to the party and see you already got the Panny 24-70, but I'd affirm that and just say for me - I'd probably go either all Sigma or all Panasonic, and right now, without further research, I'd go all Panasonic. Native L mount from ground up first party support and from what I've read they really are cutting no corners on the lens designs. So I think you've chosen well, and while it costs more $$, it's not *THAT* much more in the grand scheme of the package and ROI and the benefits tentatively seem like they may well be worth it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    Just curious here… Anyone tried the Leica SL 24-90 f2.8-4.0 Vario Elmarit zoom?
    Stephen Mick
    Owner/Creative Director
    Skylark Creative

weareskylark.com

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the input, I agree the 24-70 is showing its value each time I use it. And native to me always seems the right path. Now to have the 16-35, 70-200 be in stock this week would be nice. And the SmallRig cage.

Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Late to the party and see you already got the Panny 24-70, but I'd affirm that and just say for me - I'd probably go either all Sigma or all Panasonic, and right now, without further research, I'd go all Panasonic. Native L mount from ground up first party support and from what I've read they really are cutting no corners on the lens designs. So I think you've chosen well, and while it costs more $$, it's not *THAT* much more in the grand scheme of the package and ROI and the benefits tentatively seem like they may well be worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast