Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I've been using the CineEye for quiet some time now, and only had the signal drop when doing my initial "Let's see how far I can go with it" tests and when the battery dies of course;)
    Could you elaborate on your set-up?
    I don't think this thingy is meant for anything more than sending a livefeed a couple of meters away from the camera for people in the same room/immediate area.
    Just wanted to add to my comment that my CineEye won't charge anymore and is now a paper weight. So no signal dropping but a dead build in battery or charging circuit, well...
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.

2. Collapse Details
    Yikes. Can you run it off of an external battery via the USB-C port?

3. Collapse Details
    That's the downfall of internally batteries. They are guaranteed to fail, so why do they put them in a sealed unit and not make them replaceable? It's probably pretty easy to open up and find a replacement.

Now they have a pro version. Longer range and more than twice as expensive. It uses Sony NP batteries or external DC. It adds camera control.

New devices are coming out every couple of months. It's hard to keep up with.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm also in the market for a phone/tablet system but am heavily leaning towards the hollyland mars 400s at this point.

I really didn't want to go down this path but I think the usefulness of having non-production people tap into the picture is worth it.

5. Collapse Details
    The 400S is attractive. But be aware of comments on the B&H website about fan noise - From B&H:

"The fans make quite a bit of high pitch noise. Beware. I would not recommend these for using in a quiet studio, or anywhere near a mic. If you have a Ninja V , these make a lot more noise than the Ninja. Just so you get an idea."

"Yes it does. There is a cooling fan that runs all the time but the real question is it noticeable. We use these on remote cams for sporting events where the ambient noise is high enough that it is a non-issue. If you are going to use an on camera mic in an interview you will be able to detect it. With all that said we are very impressed with the quality and distance of this unit. We will be buying more."

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    The 400S is attractive. But be aware of comments on the B&H website about fan noise - From B&H:

"The fans make quite a bit of high pitch noise. Beware. I would not recommend these for using in a quiet studio, or anywhere near a mic. If you have a Ninja V , these make a lot more noise than the Ninja. Just so you get an idea."

"Yes it does. There is a cooling fan that runs all the time but the real question is it noticeable. We use these on remote cams for sporting events where the ambient noise is high enough that it is a non-issue. If you are going to use an on camera mic in an interview you will be able to detect it. With all that said we are very impressed with the quality and distance of this unit. We will be buying more."
    Good to know, thanks Paul.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    Yikes. Can you run it off of an external battery via the USB-C port?
    Will try, but will defeat it's purpose for my needs. Will also open it up as Paul suggested and see if it really is just the battery. But I guess it is the charging circuit.
    I LIKE FOOD. FOOD IS GOOD.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post

I mentioned that in my quick review earlier in this thread. Last week, I used my 400S for a bunch of interviews. And fan noise wasn't an issue. Granted, since Covid-19, all my interview set ups are done with as much distance as possible, with boom mic rather than wireless lav. The fan on the 400s is louder than I wish it was, but I don't think it will be much of an issue.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Just wanted to add to my comment that my CineEye won't charge anymore and is now a paper weight. So no signal dropping but a dead build in battery or charging circuit, well...
    This happened to me yesterday. Emailed support and they said depress the tiny reset button on the side of the CineEye. I held mine for about 10 seconds and it's charging again. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Nate Haustein

PXW-FX9 / FCPX

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    There is a newer version of this device that supports streaming audio and has a proper NPF battery port:

https://youtu.be/QDTqVge5t4U

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast