Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    We need an old school camera shootout like the one that Zacuto did in 2012. I really want to see how all of these systems compare when it comes to the actual image they produce.
    Spoiler alert. Sony F35 wins, and Coppola asks where the GH is.

Totally down to shoot a few tests. I did an informal one a few weeks ago, felt every camera excelled in their own way. Even ignoring price.

In that Test, the Gemini won for what I was looking for. Normally, F35 and Alexa are the ones that make me go “yeah, ok, i need that”, but this time, the Gemini was the winner, because of the sum of all factors, rather than brute image quality alone.

Once the Kimodo is released, and possibly a little before, there will probably be a “zcam” style shootout, with BM, Red and Zcam being the main entries. Possibly the C500 and S1H in there to mix it up a little.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Not the F6, but the S6.

For the record...what an incredible company.

S6.jpg
    Retired.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Not the F6, but the S6.

For the record...what an incredible company.
    Please - do tell. In these last days of S35 been thinking of picking one of these up as gimbal cam.

4. Collapse Details
    When ZCam ships cameras with PD AF that will be very interesting indeed (hopefully with RF mount like the Komodo).

5. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs View Post
    When ZCam ships cameras with PD AF that will be very interesting indeed (hopefully with RF mount like the Komodo).
    So Z CAM are promising PD AF in the future ? ( would be a big jump for them )

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    Please - do tell. In these last days of S35 been thinking of picking one of these up as gimbal cam.
    One of the best cameras in history for its price.

$3,000 was pushing it for me personally for a camera in 2020, but I couldn't resist.

This is a no-nonsense approach in which we are witnessing smart people taking very good available technology and squeezing absolutely everything (or a lot) they can out of it (like Blackmagic). Nothing to protect (or very little), and no greed (or at least not yet).

I expected to be annoyed with the ergonomics and menus, but couldn't be more pleased (although some tweaking would be nice). Functionally and programming are perfect (just like most of the modern-day stills cameras). The fun stuff (slow-motion) is available via HEVC (nightmare), but 6K/24p ProRes 422 is nice.

I am in the process of trying to find the absolute smallest/thinnest 5" monitor there is and the smallest wider lens there is to keep it compact. (I've been using the camera's LCD to capture some small tests, which amusingly does a decent job for a 1" monitor with zebras and peaking.)

For a gimbal in this price range, I think the P6K would still be the best option unless you don't work in Resolve or Premiere (like me) and interested in a small 6K camera.
    Retired.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    So Z CAM are promising PD AF in the future ? ( would be a big jump for them )
    Nothing announced by them that I'm aware of; extrapolating based on the availability of e.g. Sony sensors providing PD AF. ZCam's pushing the envelope apparently outside the Camera Cabal's control, so with the Komodo sporting PD AF + RF mount, so could ZCam soon!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    One of the best cameras in history for its price.

$3,000 was pushing it for me personally for a camera in 2020, but I couldn't resist.

This is a no-nonsense approach in which we are witnessing smart people taking very good available technology and squeezing absolutely everything (or a lot) they can out of it (like Blackmagic). Nothing to protect (or very little), and no greed (or at least not yet).

I expected to be annoyed with the ergonomics and menus, but couldn't be more pleased (although some tweaking would be nice). Functionally and programming are perfect (just like most of the modern-day stills cameras). The fun stuff (slow-motion) is available via HEVC (nightmare), but 6K/24p ProRes 422 is nice.

I am in the process of trying to find the absolute smallest/thinnest 5" monitor there is and the smallest wider lens there is to keep it compact. (I've been using the camera's LCD to capture some small tests, which amusingly does a decent job for a 1" monitor with zebras and peaking.)

For a gimbal in this price range, I think the P6K would still be the best option unless you don't work in Resolve or Premiere (like me) and interested in a small 6K camera.
    Post some footage when you have something you really like from it!
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Post some footage when you have something you really like from it!
    That’ll be the day. But yeah, would love to see some footage too.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    That’ll be the day. But yeah, would love to see some footage too.
    If you would really love to see some footage too, maybe some words of encouragement would be nicer instead of "That'll be the day".
    Retired.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast