Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I agree, I would never hide a lav and compromise the sound, but that's partly my point, it's not difficult to hide a lav these days and to end up with good sound.
    I also have no problem with a small, color matched lav like a Countryman B6, maybe a white one on a lab coat?
    For whatever reason, I’ve never bought any B6’s, even though I’ve wanted to for years. But I’ve had some of my audio guys say they’ll stick them out of button holes and such and no one ever sees them.

2. Collapse Details
    I also have no problem with a small, color matched lav like a Countryman B6, maybe a white one on a lab coat?
    I agree, though I'd go with the B3 over the B6.

White lav, poked through a buttonhole and hidden in plain sight.

The B6 is much more susceptible to rubbing noise transmitted through its thin cable. And the micro capsule has a little bit higher noise floor and is also more sensitive to air movement (wind, breath noises). The B3 sounds great, is quieter, and is still small enough to hide when slightly exposed. It's also less expensive. Or pick up a couple of white Ursa Mini Mounts for the DPA4060, which also fits the B3 perfectly, and mount the mic just under the placket of the lab coat.
    Nobody notices audio... until it's not there.

Find Me on Instagram

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex H. View Post
    I agree, though I'd go with the B3 over the B6.

White lav, poked through a buttonhole and hidden in plain sight.

The B6 is much more susceptible to rubbing noise transmitted through its thin cable. And the micro capsule has a little bit higher noise floor and is also more sensitive to air movement (wind, breath noises). The B3 sounds great, is quieter, and is still small enough to hide when slightly exposed. It's also less expensive. Or pick up a couple of white Ursa Mini Mounts for the DPA4060, which also fits the B3 perfectly, and mount the mic just under the placket of the lab coat.
    I agree, the B6 is susceptible to cable noise, you have to know how to rig cables which means it's not a good videographer lav since most videographers are clueless about how to correctly rig lavs.
    Have never tried the B3 but I bet it's similar to my OSTs, which are the bargain of the century. The DPAs are probably the best sounding lav on the market, the most transparent sound but also the most expensive too.

I'm kind of on the fence with the COS-11, it's good, but it's kind of large and long. Every sound mixers seems to use them but I find rigging them a bit more challenging because of the housing length.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    I bet it's similar to my OSTs, which are the bargain of the century.
    The OST TL40 is similar to a the end-address B3 (though the OST has a flatter response and is slightly smaller). The OST 801/802 are identicle in size and shape as the venerable side-address Tram TR50. Performance is similar as well. The 801 has more of a presence peak for use under clothing.

5. Collapse Details
    https://www.hideamic.com/how-to-use

^^^These work great! I use them with my Sanken Cos11d's all the time with a variety of clothing and usually have great luck. My audio guy recommended them for when I can't afford them, and they work very well.

Good luck!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    The OST TL40 is similar to a the end-address B3 (though the OST has a flatter response and is slightly smaller). The OST 801/802 are identicle in size and shape as the venerable side-address Tram TR50. Performance is similar as well. The 801 has more of a presence peak for use under clothing.
    Yes, I have three of the 801s and they have worked really well for me on our long term Docu Series, always hidden under clothing with the Rycote Overcovers.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234