Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    VariCam LT 2.0, EVA2?
    I wonder what features the updated versions of the VariCam LT and the EVA1 will have? In light of what is currently available in the marketplace (S1H, BMPCC6K, FX9, z cams, I know that these cams are all over the spectrum, but marketplace is getting really competitive...) what would be reasonable expectations? When will that 8K organic sensor make its way into the VariCams?

EVA2: 6K (full frame) sensor, 4:3 mode (anamorphic), internal proRes (no likely), higher frame rates, a better monitor....

Varicam LT2:
    *higher resolution/frame rates
    *physical audio controls on the operator side of camera....
    Carlos Garcia-Diaz
    TV Production/Studio Manager

2. Collapse Details
    EVA2 must must have the L-Mount. So easy to adapt to other mounts. Sony can fit ND on the e-mount and there is 2mm more on the L. Please Panasonic!

3. Collapse Details
    a FF eva or varicam seems the next logical step.

4. Collapse Details
    The organic sensors sounds very interesting. But I would guess that technology would first appear on a Varicam Mark II, then an LT (which is a b-camera), then EVA2, and S1H style cameras last.
    So I wouldn't hold your breath.

I had decided that I wouldn't get a new camera, unless it has a global shutter. But that article sounds very interesting because of high resolution, high saturation and global shutter technology would seems to remove almost all imaging artifacts. Hopefully Panasonic will deliver that technology on a full 4:3 framed sensor for with a color palette leaning towards cinematography. The white paper reads like its broadcast/sports oriented. Like when they talk about dynamic range, it's in the terms of sports arenas...... (((

5. Collapse Details
    I was on a FX9 demo and the AF is sth to get jealous for solo shooters..
    AF and l-mount for the EVA2
    6k FF for the Varicam
    Please.

6. Collapse Details
    I have some concerns as to where Matsus*%ta is going with Panasonic what with the fact that Panasonic have been hemorrhaging with Panasonic Semiconductor having lost $215 million in the last year. The news of the sale of Panasonic's semiconductor and sensor business is not good. Obviously means Panasonic are going to be reliant on buying in sensors from guess who? The market leader in sensor manufacturer I guess amongst others. I never like to see a near monopoly in technology as that tends to stifle business competitiveness and tech development. One only has to look to ARRI to see that using a third party sensor designed in conjunction with a camera manufacturer can be very successful. How this approach would translate across a wide model range manufacturing base I don't know. Time will tell I guess. Mitch might be able to throw some light on the subject as news develops as to Panasonic's future camera development plans.

Chris Young

Strange? Regardless of whether I type or paste and copy the parent company name it doesn't reproduce correctly? Matsus*%ta? How odd?
    Last edited by cyvideo; 01-05-2020 at 06:48 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    The forum has always blocked the 4 letter word in the middle (or for a while now).
    Retired.

8. Collapse Details
    Yes, and besides, Matsus*%ta hasn't existed for many years. They formally changed the corporate name to Panasonic years ago.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    The forum has always blocked the 4 letter word in the middle (or for a while now).
    Matsus-hita changed its corporate name to Panasonic anyway.

As to the cameras, Panasonic is announcing two camcorders tomorrow and, with FX-9 and C500 MKII stealing the headlines, a Panasonic "cinema" camera might have to wait a while. 1D XMKII will also be officially revealed before/during the CES. At $6,500, it will compete with EVA1 (or 2). Maybe, S1H will get some sort of an external Raw upgrade to make some waves first.

10. Collapse Details
    First off, we're doing just fine thank you. You do not need to worry aout the future of Panasonic Pro Video. For one thing we're the industry leader in PTZs, and if that doesn't sound particularly sexy or interesting to you, understand that we sell absolute boatloads of the stuff and it pays for everything else - switchers, studio cameras, camcorders, cinema, etc. We're happily putting along doing just fine.

Let me also tell you a little something about large multinational corporations. We do not function as a single entity but instead as a group of companies. I won't get into great detail, but essentially each group buys and sells with the others. We were purchasing sensors from the sensor manufacturing group, and even if they are no longer a part of Panasonic we will continue to do so. We will both because of existing contracts and because it is smart business for both of us to continue to do so. The fact is that Panasonic also buys from Sony and they also buy from us, and we both often buy from the same third parties. That's just how it works and it kinda doesn't matter who owns what in regard to us having access to technology or the capacity to manufacture our own designs. That stuff is just a bunch of business arrangements.

As far as any upcoming developments for the Panasonic Cinema camera line, well be my guest to keep guessing but I'm afraid I cannot share such details. Panasonic has lots of plans and we continue to evaluate goals on an ongoing basis depending on the market forces. We do have a commitment to this business and I for one don't plan on going elsewhere. With that said in the past year we have seen the interest in using our Cinema cameras in live production explode, so we are paying attention to that as well. We go where we have clients in need of our products. But we're certainly not going away and we're certainly moving forward.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast