1. Collapse Details
    Need a film transfer
    Hello,

Would someone be able to recommend a reliable shop that transfers film stock to video? I am in the Maryland / DC area and would prefer local but I am willing to ship.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0404.jpgIMG_0406.jpg

2. Collapse Details
    You first need to send it to a lab to get it developed into an image. One lab says the chemicals are no longer available to develop in color, but they will do it in B&W. Another says they can do it.

Here's a posting about it from 2009 -

" There are only three labs left in the world that I'm aware of, that are still offering processing for old Super 8mm discontinued movie films: myself at Plattsburgh Photographic Services, Rocky Mountain Film Lab in Colorado at http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/, and Film Rescue in Saskatchawan, Canada at http://filmrescue.com/. "
    Last edited by Paul F; 12-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    double post

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Paul.

I thought so but wasn't 100%. I was hoping it was a cartidge load for a projector. I can't remember the last time I saw film stock.

Time to find a film processor!

5. Collapse Details
    Re-read my post. I updated it with lab information.

6. Collapse Details
    in MD/DC Area the only real game in town is Colorlab in Rockville, MD. They're the best. If they can't help you directly, they'll know who can and probably have relationships with them.

it's where I had my 16mm stuff processed and Telecine processed on HDs/Betacam tapes

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks Paul. I just got off the phone with Film Rescue before reading your update. Looks like they are the best choice after many phone calls.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks Kevin for the update. after a nice chat, they sent me to Film Rescue.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Sure thing, Wish I shot more film to use colorlab more, those guys are great. Glad you got pointed in the right direction!

10. Collapse Details
    At Digital Video Lab, we custom design each DVD from the ground up using similar technology and equipment to that used by major production companies. Compatibilities are a non issue since we are not a mass-production company. If Anybody need a professional services visit us via http://www.preservetodvd.com/. We provide the best services at affordable prices.