Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jdv View Post
    If the next gen of MFT camera uses a chip with this many sites, doesn't this essentially doom the camera's chances for being better in low light? I don't know what effect, if any, it'd have on dynamic range..
    It depends on how the sensor is designed. Quad Bayer consolidates its data to improve low-light and save on file sizes but ... that's why there may be a separate videocentric S model on top of a jack-of-all-trades.

With GH-5 being heavily discounted, it's possible the GH-6 announcement is right around the corner.

2. Collapse Details
    I wonder how this affect Fuji with the organic sensor partnership that they had???

3. Collapse Details
    Panasonic weren't the majority owner of this company. This was a joint venture where they weren't the lead partner... This isn't Panasonic selling "their" sensor company. It's Panasonic offloading their stake in a shared partnership that is very successfully selling and developing to others as well as for Panny.

This JV known as Tower Jazz has worked with many others aside from Panasonic.....Leica...Nikon...and err...Cough cough...the Germans....

"The coveted winged Emmy award statue was presented to ARRI during the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in early January. When accepting the award, Mr. Kraus specifically thanked two of its product development partners, ON Semiconductor and Tower Jazz, for their contributions. Bob Klosterboer, senior vice president of ON Semiconductor’s Applications Products Group, accompanied ARRI’s executives on stage during the award ceremony to accept the Emmy."

I don't think many realise that the sensor fab / naming / branding has not much to do with the consumer branding...

JB
    Cinematographer
    Sydney Australia
    www.johnbrawley.com
    I also have a blog

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    ... I don't think many realise that the sensor fab / naming / branding has not much to do with the consumer branding...
    If it did, every camera would be named Sony.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    it's possible the GH-6 announcement is right around the corner.
    I'll be surprised if we don't hear something by around April NAB time, Sep Photokina time at latest. I'm guessing announcement in Q1 or early Q2 with availability by fall.

The only reason I could see a later launch would be if they are trying to push the organic sensor into the M43 line for the next go around.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    I wonder how this affect Fuji with the organic sensor partnership that they had???
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    I'll be surprised if we don't hear something by around April NAB time, Sep Photokina time at latest. I'm guessing announcement in Q1 or early Q2 with availability by fall.

The only reason I could see a later launch would be if they are trying to push the organic sensor into the M43 line for the next go around.
    The organic sensor 8K broadcast camera was introduced at the last fall's IBC in Amsterdam. It's a two piece unit with a separate processing station. Expecting it to migrate to GH-6 is highly unlikely, especially as the MFT Coalition includes manufacturers beside Panasonic and they generally share the same (Sony) sensor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123