Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegger View Post
    I was in NY yesterday and bought the Libec ZFC-L LANC https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ntrol_for.html remote controller at B&H. Tested it with B&H's demo CX350 which was running older firmware v1.02. Both the Libec zoom and focus functions appeared to work. At home I briefly tested the Libec controller with my CX350 which is running firmware v2.01. Zoom and focus functions worked. The camera's focus has to be set to manual focus for the Libec focus control to work. The focus control seemed to be a bit slower than I would prefer. Not sure if this is due to a CX350 or Libec LANC implementation. The reason I bought the ZFC-L LANC instead of the Libec ZC-LP https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...panasonic.html is if in the future I decide to add front handles to my rig, I will be able to control both zoom and focus with Libec mounted to a handle.

Update: Did some additional testing this afternoon. All three Libec ZFC-L functions (zoom, rec, focus) appear to work as advertised with the CX350. Noticed when I had the camera's Focus Assist (Expanded) enabled, the Libec Focus control seemed to respond quicker. I will be shooting an event this weekend that require's zooming. Will let you know how it works out in the real world.

Enjoy.
    Did you notice if there was a slight delay in the zoom function? That is what I am noticing with the VariZoom VZ-Rock Variable-Rocker. I am not sure if its the cam, which is running the latest update, or the remote.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tayproductions View Post
    Did you notice if there was a slight delay in the zoom function? That is what I am noticing with the VariZoom VZ-Rock Variable-Rocker. I am not sure if its the cam, which is running the latest update, or the remote.
    If there is a delay with my Libec it is not very noticeable. I do need to practice zooming with the Libec to get a good feel for the sensitivity of the zoom rocker. This coming weekend, I will have access to a Panasonic UX90 with a VariZoom RockDVX controller. Will attempt to do a comparison test between the two cameras and controllers.

3. Collapse Details
    My Libec ZC-LP does not have a delay.

Ned
    Ned Miller
    Chicago-based Freelance Videographer
    www.nedmiller.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Ned,

So you have the switchable Libec ZC-LP controller instead of the other model? I was going to order both for comparison but if the ZC-LP is working fine I will just get that model. Thanks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456