1. Collapse Details
    Consequences for keeping Aputure AL-528S turned on for many hours
    I'm thinking of using this light for everyday use around the house. I was wondering if there are any negative consequences to keeping a Aputure Amaran AL-528S, plugged into the wall, and turned on for 5-8 hours everyday?

2. Collapse Details
    Electronics do wear out over time with heavy use. That said, a lot of decent LEDs are rated for ~50,000 hours life... or roughly 5.7 years if left on constantly.

Different type of electronic, but one of our local news stations has a live, fixed HVX200 "newroom" camera that they've had in place doing multiple live shots per day since 2006.
    Pudgy bearded camera guy
    http://mcbob.tv

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Probably shorten their life depending on how hot it gets, those and the 672s can have bad thermal problems. I sold all my 672s and have one left that overheats in about 20mins then proceeds to cycle half of the LEDs on and off. Maybe yours works properly though!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbob View Post
    Electronics do wear out over time with heavy use. That said, a lot of decent LEDs are rated for ~50,000 hours life... or roughly 5.7 years if left on constantly.
    That's if the light manufacturer is following the LED chip makes thermal design requirements. That's something that has always bothered me about LED lights. I have no idea if I am buying something that was designed well or will die in a year or two.