1. Collapse Details
    My Pocket 6K Rig
    The Pocket 6K has amazing specs (6K 12 bit raw at up to 50/60 FPS plus free davinci resolve) and delivers when it comes to image quality in my opinion. That being said, I imagine because itís priced low considering what it can do, it still has some design issues that limit ease of use (low battery life and a lcd screen that does not articulate for example). After a lot of research and input from pocket 4K and 6K owners (some from this forum), I feel like I have a good rig to get the most out of the camera. In case you are interested, hereís a video that shows the gear that I currently own:

https://youtu.be/3v_jQnJ8c3k
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    My guess is that the percentage markup on the 6k is much larger than the 4k markup.
    It's basically the same camera but with a larger sensor.

I think the 4k is the better deal and I would not be surprised if street prices eventually go under $2,000 for the 6k.

3. Collapse Details
    The two most significant upgrades for me is the V-lock battery with coiled cord D-Tap that I can wear around my waist, or hang from the hook on my tripod. The next most important accessory is the SmallRig Sun Shade.

Iíve now used the PK6 professionally on 4 wedding shoots, 2 book signings, 1 cooking demonstration, 1 social media personality and 1 TEDx event. The EFS 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM is the universal lens. The OIS is better than expected for video because while it may not have as many f/stops of stabilization as the latest still camera lenses, it also doesnít have the jumpiness. Itís got the right smoothness for handheld video work. The image circle also fully covers the slightly undersized 6K S-35 sensor, no vignetting.

My shooting style requires more mobility than a full rig lends itself to. At weddings I go from tripod to monopod to handheld in the same setting. The P6K has 3 levels of really good focus peaking that you can turn on or off even while the footage is rolling. That along with sun shade and up to 8x adjustable focus magnification covers everything from distant landscape in bright daylight to close in moving shots of children and pets in low light. When I shoot weddings, once I switch power on I donít turn it off for the duration of the activities, owing to long life V-Lock battery which is supplying the power needs of the camera, lens and Samsung T5 1TB SSD capturing BRAW Q5 VBR 3-5 hours worth, all the while charging the internal battery.

I never imagined the P6K would be capable of such versatility but it has exceeded what I thought possible in so many ways. The image mojo was never in question, but the popularity of accessorizing goes hand in hand with the discovery of versatility. It makes you a better shooter too because you learn to go manual. The S1H Panasonic has something like 7 levels of auto focus modes. How can you know in advance, a dynamic scene that you chose the right one? True auto focus is you. You turn a ring. Thatís it.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Knoop View Post
    My guess is that the percentage markup on the 6k is much larger than the 4k markup.
    It's basically the same camera but with a larger sensor.

I think the 4k is the better deal and I would not be surprised if street prices eventually go under $2,000 for the 6k.
    Itís a completely different body because of the mount, flange distance. The sensor is not the same. Itís basically the same camera as P4K on a functional level. The 4K is a better deal if you discount the factor of how long it took for availability if it. The P6K was in stock almost immediately. The EF/EFS mount I contend was a good decision. I already had two MFT cams (GH5 and GH5S), but no worthwhile (native) video body for my EF lens collection, certainly not at the price point. You can see the demand for MFT fall with the trend to FF. The inevitability of obsolescence is something I donít worry about. Becoming obsolete as a person, thatís a concern. 

5. Collapse Details
    I am sure the pocket 4K is a good deal. Because I already had some Ef lenses, the pocket 6K made sense. If I bought a pocket 4K, I would of had to buy a speed booster to use the canon lenses. I like not having to put something in front of my lens.

The thing I love is the bmraw. My computer handles it very well and I love being able to control iso and white balance in edit.
    Last edited by thefilmaddict; 11-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    BRAW is an easy load on my pc too. Also cool that Canon EF/EFS lens metadata is recorded; lens name, zoom focal length, and focus distance. Strangely, does not record aperture.

7. Collapse Details
    You are so right, Tom, besides some shortcomings that accessories remedy, this is the first camera in a long time, that I truly love using because of all of the benefits that you pointed out.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
    You can see the demand for MFT fall with the trend to FF.
    I must have missed the trend, all I see is FF hype!