Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    * Both end up costing you a lot in GAS
    Did you guys see what he did here?

2. Collapse Details
    I have a sneaking suspicion the entire event was staged and it all went according to plan in that they knew the windows would break. Look at the media coverage this one incident has generated, publications that would never give the vehicle a second look and now showing the clip.
    Elon Musk is no amateur in the PR game, I suggest this was a carefully rehearsed act that worked perfectly. How many commercial trucks are designed to tale a steel ball being thrown at them, none.
    So why this one?
    Everything involving the pig is above board.

3. Collapse Details
    Big Elon fan but I think it is ugly. I also think modern pickup trucks look way over hyped and bulbous. So not much room for something normal to begin with.

For some reason, there is this association between electric vehicles and weird or goober designs. Like it has to be from the future or something. This just keeps us on fossil fuels!

I too think Tesla is going to have a tough time when the big auto folks show up. They kind of let Tesla be the rabbit running out front. The time for large scale all electric is still pretty far away due to the battery tech and customer adoption. We all deal with batteries on a daily basis. No way I want my car to run on this level of battery tech. Three years and it will go half the distance...
    Last edited by Bassman2003; 11-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    I wouldn't trust batteries in the wild.

Especially in extreme cold conditions.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman2003 View Post
    The time for large scale all electric is still pretty far away due to the battery tech and customer adoption. We all deal with batteries on a daily basis. No way I want my car to run on this level of battery tech. Three years and it will go half the distance...
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post

Exactly. Electric may work for people that only do in-town, short distance type commutes and can put the vehicle on charge whenever it is parked, like at their office and home, but for those that travel and can't plan their day/trip around "where can I plug my vehicle up", it's not gonna work. I have a 50 gallon tank on my diesel truck. My cruising range is about 900 miles and thanks to infrastructure in place to serve the trucking industry, you can find diesel everywhere along the interstate.

I agree that we need to find a way off of fossil fuels for vehicles(and power plants) much sooner than later, but it can't be under the current limitations if it's going to be widely accepted. Now, if they can find a way to get 400-500 mile cruising range with the ability to recharge the cells to 100% in five minutes and charge stations are everywhere that traditional gas/fuel stations are, then we'll start getting there.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdir View Post

Another cold factor is that there's no engine heat to draw from for cabin heating, so electrics need power for heating as well which impacts battery life and range significantly.
    "Money doesn't make films...You just do it and take the initiative." - Werner Herzog

7. Collapse Details
    They should call it the Damme Van.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

8. Collapse Details

The Aztek wasn't a career ender: Tom Peters went on to design the C7 Corvette (which looked decent except for the rear/tail lights IMO. The C8 is a popular design (looks good to a lot of people)).
    As a car guy and product designer, I'll rate the CyberTruck an F, primarily because it looks like a lazy design:
    IMG_2488.jpg

The cybertruck doesn't follow the "Look Right, Flies Right" concept (think that was Kelly Johnson (SR71) and Ben Rich's favorite thing to say about aircraft design at Lockheed Skunkworks). The SR71 is still beautiful in 2019: designed in 1960!

There's a couple big tech releases that will radically change the electric car market (it appears these technologies have been around for a while for MIL/GOV use, e.g. for the electrogravitc vehicles operating out of Antarctica ("Space Force"); Area 51 isn't used for the really advanced vehicles anymore). When the big automakers have a larger presence in the electric market and we've moved away from the petro-dollar, commercially viable solid state batteries + super capacitors and similar tech will magically be "discovered" (currently not (publicly) commercially viable).

Basically unlimited clean power has been available for many years, suppressed for power and profit. Speaking of Lockheed Martin, they're working on cold fusion (which has been known to work since it's discovery in 1989; another suppressed technology about to be "discovered" as commercial viable once the markets have changed a bit more): https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...ld-fusion.aspx (July 2019 story). Clean technology suppression ties in with the Global Warming Hoax blamed on fossil fuels.

Here's the US Navy's portable fusion reactor public disclosure: https://www.forbes.com/sites/arielco.../#7b8d49c61070

Here's the soft disclosure for the US Navy's (Space Force) electrogravitc vehicles flying with "(coincidently unarmed) US Navy F18's on a training mission": https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...htmlstory.html . Translation: "UFO" => "US Navy / Space Force electrogravitic vehicles".

It's not clear yet if there's any danger re: EM radiation or otherwise for electrogravitic propulsion (ie perhaps only safe for drone use), or dangers of uncontrolled energy release in the event of malfunction or crash. For smaller vehicles like cars, fast charge / safe release technologies will likely be the safest / most commercially viable (so we can be charged for electricity vs. making our own).

They've scrubbed videos showing fitbit revealing the secret underground bases, didn't scrub the discussions: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...4q&sh=e6d4d338

Lockheed Martin is hiring in Antarctica for these non-existant bases / space ports: https://www.usap.gov/news/2603/

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    The next car and plane technology will probably be a turbine/electric hybrid, i.e., car/plane with a small jet engine that charges up its relatively small size battery, that feeds a full electric drive train. WrightSpeed is custom fitting heavy city trucks with it, there are British and Chinese companies that try to build hyper-cars with it, other companies experiment with the short-takeoff domestic route propulsion systems. In terms of the automotive market, you get the benefit of the electric vehicle fuel economy but you also get the energy stored in a diesel or even natural gas fuel tank. (Jet fuel is technically close to kerosene but turbines can easily run on the compressed natural gas).

10. Collapse Details
    Some of y'all need to put on your tinfoil hats, or in this case maybe cold-rolled stainless steel hats.
    Mitch Gross
    Cinema Product Manager
    Panasonic System Solutions Company

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast