1. Collapse Details
    Any issues with GH5 firmware 2.6?
    I installed firmware version 2.6 a couple days ago. Since then, I've had the camera lock up on me twice to the point where I had to pop the battery out to shut the camera off. Both times it did that, when I powered the camera up again, it reverted to an old set of settings from a couple set-ups ago -- both times being 180fps. It also mysteriously turned on in "Expressive" mode, which took me a moment to figure out how to turn off.

Anybody else notice any odd happenings after updating to firmware 2.6?

2. Collapse Details
    ...and I'll be waiting to hear answers on this before installing.

As a side question, has anyone tried using the e-stabilization feature yet? I've heard it's now usable/effective.
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com

3. Collapse Details
    Updated both the GH5 and the GH5S and both seem to work just fine for what I have tested. Not done a lot since update but checked all my custom settings etc and they are all unchanged. May be an obvious question, but did you update with a full fresh Panasonic battery. My update went to the book and very fast. Try to see if the camera will accept another update. It may not of course if it thinks its up to date but using a different SD card may be worth a try. I used a new card, formatted in camera then transferred bin file from the PC.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jdv View Post
    As a side question, has anyone tried using the e-stabilization feature yet? I've heard it's now usable/effective.
    Funny you should ask about this. I just did some handheld shooting the past couple of days with *all* the stabilization turned on and it was really nice. Just stuff out in the yard, nothing too complicated. However, the stabilization makes basic simple motions look much more like smooth pans and tilts. I was impressed. I had not really tried this before the 2.6 update, so I don't know how well it would have worked then.

5. Collapse Details
    Good to know!
    John Vincent
    Evil Genius Entertainment.com