1. Collapse Details
    HVX200 importing media without firewire. P2 reader?
    Hi All, returning to use my HVX200 and DVX100 after long delay in shooting because of work and family issues(It's been YEARS... no longer using MAC FCP). I'm trying to confirm that the only way I'm going to get media imported to a platform(Vegas 17) is using a P2 card reader since firewire is "gone" from current laptops. Also, is there currently a way to get media imported if using the DVC tape on HVX200/DVX100. I'm trying to find the best way to get media imported using these 2 cameras since technology has changed. I looked at some FAQ's but couldn't find info very specific. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    C.Brown
    BrownDogg Productions

2. Collapse Details
    To use the hvx on a modern computer you should download the P2 drivers from panasonic. Once that's done, plug in the hvx with the usb on the side. It will come up like a hardrive. Copy the files from the root folder, including last clip file. Using Vegas to edit you'll need to covert the mxf files to something vegas understands. I use the software brorsoft, to convert to mp4's. As for the dvx, I was using an old windows xp pc to capture firewire footage. The only other way to get footage that I could think of is one of those analog to usb capture devices. Good luck on your project.

3. Collapse Details
    Vegas doesn't need the files converted, it can natively understand MXF files from P2 cards.

4. Collapse Details
    I use Movie studio platinum 16, so that's where my knowledge came from. Is that a recent addition to Vegas pro 17?

5. Collapse Details
    No, they added P2 support a while ago, maybe version 13?

6. Collapse Details
    Vegas has had P2 support for a while using DVFilm's Raylight Ultra ... going back to version 9 in 2009 when I first started using it ...