Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon View Post
    I don't have a preference when it comes to batts, but about CFast vs CFExpress I wonder what advantages you'd see with faster media in the real world. With a design that small I'd think the challenge to performance would be thermal. It's already going to shoot 6k r3d at faster-than-standard speed and be smaller than 4"x4"x4"; would newer, faster media actually result in better performance in Komodo?

I'm betting it would increase the price of the hardware though...
    As a B-cam, it might be easier to work with 12v for cinema accessories. Rather than an additional or breakout system. Some of those Somy style 12v batts have p-taps built in.

But if 7.2v is good enough for Canon C... actually, i don’t care for Canon C either. Come to think of it, Canon batts, canon mounts..... getting some hardware from Canon? Maybe we’ll see better sensors in the C series?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    As a B-cam, it might be easier to work with 12v for cinema accessories. Rather than an additional or breakout system. Some of those Somy style 12v batts have p-taps built in.

But if 7.2v is good enough for Canon C... actually, i don’t care for Canon C either. Come to think of it, Canon batts, canon mounts..... getting some hardware from Canon? Maybe we’ll see better sensors in the C series?
    You think this is RED’s attempt at a “C” camera...?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    You think this is RED’s attempt at a “C” camera...?
    No. Pretty weird question, coming from you. the komodo and Canon C just share batteries. You know they are designed for different uses. Other than the fact that they are both video cameras.

Unless you meant A, B, “C” camera. In that case, i think Red has mentioned it isn’t designed as an A cam, but everyone is well aware of how the Alexa Mini went from special use to A cam.

Cameras really take on a life of their own once they get out in the wild though. We’ll see how things turn out.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    No. Pretty weird question, coming from you. the komodo and Canon C just share batteries. You know they are designed for different uses. Other than the fact that they are both video cameras.

Unless you meant A, B, “C” camera. In that case, i think Red has mentioned it isn’t designed as an A cam, but everyone is well aware of how the Alexa Mini went from special use to A cam.

Cameras really take on a life of their own once they get out in the wild though. We’ll see how things turn out.
    It was kinda tongue-n-cheek... Playing off of it being not an "A" camera plus the Canon aspects of batteries and mount(even though Canon hasn't used the new mount on any C's, yet), and same cards.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    It was kinda tongue-n-cheek... Playing off of it being not an "A" camera plus the Canon aspects of batteries and mount(even though Canon hasn't used the new mount on any C's, yet), and same cards.
    Haha! Good one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234