Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Anything further to add regarding your experience with the Deity Connect? I'd love to hear what you think overall etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Funny, I was scanning the CVP and ProAV UK sites yesterday looking for the exact same thing. Great minds! I did a shoot yesterday and client requested a "news stick mic" so I broke out the EV RE-50 and a 10' XLR. The whole day I was thinking how much more enjoyable the shoot
    would have been if I had the HD-TX on hand and wouldn't have had to keep untangling the XLR cable from the camera.

FWIW, I have been PMing Deity on Facebook and they are super responsive and helpful. Also, I verified that the Connect transmitters can accept a mic or line level input so all of us who need to tap into mixers and PAs during event shoots are happy campers. Good stuff so far.
    I need to use them some more but so far, the Deity Connect is product of my year for value equation. All of the worry about internal batteries, so far, are unfounded. It all depends on the power output you set on the transmitters but at lower power settings, you'll easily get 10 hours.
    You can also buy a few cheap thinner Lithium candy bar type batteries for the transmitters it you need to achieve 15-20 hour run times but who shoots 15-20 hours these days? I try to avoid that these days.
    My receiver is pretty much spending time in my audio bag, powered with an Anker 20100 so it's happy for days. The transmitters seem to have lasted longer than any of my shoots have yet. We'll see when we
    do some 14 hour days on the set of a show but so far, I am not doing a lot of BTS stuff lately where I need 10-12 hours.

2. Collapse Details
    I've tested them in the office and used them for one shoot. Overall performance is good. I am still playing with gain staging, I tried to use them as line level input to our C200 and they worked, but were very noisy. I switched over to mic level input and the noise went way down. I need to do a side by side test with my Røde Video Wireless, still not sure about the noise levels. Functionally they are wonderful but are definitely noisier than Lectro but that's not a fair comparison beause almost everything is noisy compared to Lectro. Will report back as soon as I can do some more testing, I'll see if I can record and post a couple of samples.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 01-27-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    I've tested them in the office and used them for one shoot. Overall performance is good. I am still playing with gain staging, I tried to use them as line level input to our C200 and they worked, but were very noisy.
    I swtiched over to mic level input and the noise went down. I need to do a side by side test with my Røde Video Wireless, still not sure about the noise levels. Functionally they are wonderful but are definitely noisier
    than Lectro but that's not a fair comparison beause almost everything is noisy compared to Lectro. Will report back as soon as I can do some more testing, I'll see if I can record and post a couple of samples.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by hotchkiss View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.
    Still on my to do list, been doing a lot of editing and new website work so have not had time yet to play with the Deity again. Will post when I get a chance with more impressions and comments.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123