1. Collapse Details
    Locking down IRIS
    I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out how to lock down my IRIS on my DVX200.
    I have it set to manual and it doesn't seem to matter If I have the IRIS button set to "open" or "STD", the exposure changes when anything light like my shirt gets in the shot. Really messes me up especially with time lapse.
    I'd certainly appreciate some help on this.
    Thanks.
    Roger

2. Collapse Details
    If the Iris says STD, that means it's automatic Iris.

If it shows a number (or OPEN), that means manual Iris.

Iris is not the only way exposure gets adjusted though. You will have to ensure that the automatic shutter and automatic gain are turned off. On top of that, other functions can automatically adjust that may look like exposure adjustment in some situations, like auto knee or DRS.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Barry,
    Thanks for your help. I've been playing with the settings this morning and still haven't gotten it right.
    Would you please tell me where to find those other settings of Auto Shutter and Auto Gain are that you spoke about so I can change them.
    I feel quite stupid but I'm stuck and there are so many settings. I've reset the camera back to the factory defaults so I can get a clean start on this.
    Roger

4. Collapse Details
    The shutter is almost certainly the culprit. Press the shutter button, you should see the shutter speed displayed at the bottom of the display. If you don't see the shutter speed, that means the camera is in auto shutter, so press the button again until the shutter speed shows up.

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Barry,
    You're very good to get back to me on this. Thanks. You solved the problem. I made a note of this to put on the camera. It's a simple thing but often I'm stumped even though I went through your manual which I have printed.
    Thanks again.
    Roger

6. Collapse Details