Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Here's the finished video, which is a shorter version than the official video the company will use (I cut out about 2 minutes of bullet points). First time using power windows. I still have a lot to learn but it nearly felt like cheating! We did a reshoot on the piece to camera where we got rid of the profile angle and went with a wide and tight from the same position. This is probably old news to many but a tip for anyone using tablet teleprompters - have it set up in portrait mode not landscape. There was a huge difference between the first shoot (landscape) and reshoot (portrait). The eyes went from obvious side to side movements to being barely noticeable.

Nice shading and separation of bright values. Lends a sense of depth and dimension to an otherwise sterile looking environment.
    Exactly the kind of situation raw works best for.

Not a big fan of editing raw directly or working with proxies. My normal workflow for time efficient editing is to offload and backup the raw footage. Do a managed color space conversion and scene by scene base correction grade in Resolve and export a Cineform HQ master DI for editing. This typically takes about the same time as the length of the original footage transferred if exposures are consistent and noise reduction is not needed. Problem shots can take more time.

The DI runs so much better on a timeline that it easily makes up for the transfer time and final creative grades or luts can be applied to the DI. Two cineform tracks run frame for frame at up to 10x fast shuttle for 2k/hd finish on my I7 quad core system
    The raw footage will run in real time, but fast shuttling is not smooth.

No need to round trip or return to the raw footage. DI master quality formats, Prores, DNX, Cineform, are fine for finishing.
    If I have other compressed video formats, they all get converted to Cineform for editing too.

2. Collapse Details
    My biggest concern with going to that dental treatment is how long it would take considering they all work in slow motion.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz16mm View Post
    Nice shading and separation of bright values. Lends a sense of depth and dimension to an otherwise sterile looking environment.
    Exactly the kind of situation raw works best for.

Not a big fan of editing raw directly or working with proxies. My normal workflow for time efficient editing is to offload and backup the raw footage. Do a managed color space conversion and scene by scene base correction grade in Resolve and export a Cineform HQ master DI for editing. This typically takes about the same time as the length of the original footage transferred if exposures are consistent and noise reduction is not needed. Problem shots can take more time.

The DI runs so much better on a timeline that it easily makes up for the transfer time and final creative grades or luts can be applied to the DI. Two cineform tracks run frame for frame at up to 10x fast shuttle for 2k/hd finish on my I7 quad core system
    The raw footage will run in real time, but fast shuttling is not smooth.

No need to round trip or return to the raw footage. DI master quality formats, Prores, DNX, Cineform, are fine for finishing.
    If I have other compressed video formats, they all get converted to Cineform for editing too.
    Thanks and thanks for the information on your workflow. I’m pretty happy working with proxies at the moment but always great to know what the other options are.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    My biggest concern with going to that dental treatment is how long it would take considering they all work in slow motion.
    But if you’re in that world you’d be in slow motion too, so everything would effectively seem completely normal?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345