1. Collapse Details
    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)
    Rockin the Boat
    This is a movie that has no reason for existing, IMHO. Breaking Bad was a great TV series, and it didn't need this tepid mediocre warmed up dog's breakfast. Should've just left Breaking Bad alone. But I guess for whatever reason Vince Gilligan and/or Netflix felt that it was time to cash in and go to that well one more time. There's already a spinoff Better Call Saul (seems everyone but me is a fan). Did we really need a feature? I didn't feel any need for "closure", all it did is besmirch the memory of Breaking Bad the series. It's so, so inferior to the series, it's like an insult. Jesse's predicament just didn't engage me - I didn't care. If you didn't know these characters, would anybody care? What were we supposed to get out of this movie? The flashbacks were embarrasing, dragging in Walter White for a completely pointless "here he is!" in a scene that made no sense, the O.D. girlfriend another shallow pointless conversation... that opening conversation between the old muscle/assasin guy and Jesse - a lot of prattle that did nothing for us or the movie. The predicaments and conflict scenes were just flabby and felt implausible. There was no depth of psychology here as there was in Breaking Bad. The acting was serviceable, but nothing to rave about. The dialogue was limp. All in all, a movie that felt perfunctory. We just don't care about any of this. I think any such movie sequel to BB is a bad idea, but they didn't even choose particularly interesting characters to focus on, which might have taken us in a different, more challenging direction - like Skylar (Walter's wife)... something deep and wrenching there could've perhaps had more fuel in the tank of this El Camino, but as is, I couldn't muster up interest in any of this. YMMV.

And the pacing was hit and miss - there were quite a few scenes that felt draggy to me. While he's not a horrible director, Gilligan is no great shakes either.

This movie is an embarrasing endeavor that did not cast a favorable light on anybody involved. It was like watching a band that was great once upon a time, now completely spent decades later, out of all creativity, going on a tour one more time to grab some cash. The world has moved on, and this movie didn't need to exist.

2. Collapse Details
    I saw just a couple scenes over my wife's shoulder as she was watching and that's the impression I got, too - rehashing old themes at a surprisingly slower pace than the show with okayish actors who had gained a lot of weight since the series concluded (I'm looking at you, Todd - not that that last part matters). What a disappointment! I loved the series.

3. Collapse Details
    Agreed OldCorpse. Like ex-wives, (or husbands), never go back.
    New Website: www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @FilmLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

4. Collapse Details
    Agreed. Just finished it, and whilst I couldn’t call it “bad”, I also couldn’t think of any justification as to why it should actually exist. It didn’t add anything to the canon of the show, and leaves us in exactly the same place the show itself did.

It didn’t help that the film looked nothing like the show either. Shooting it in widescreen was shortsighted I feel. It made it significantly harder to link the film to the show.

5. Collapse Details
    Cool
    It was an epilogue to the series with no real crisis to drive it forward, where BB was one crisis after another, often leaving you with a cliffhanger at the end of each episode. I was expecting a lot more from this.