1. Collapse Details
    Pocket 6K - Where Trains Go to Die
    Just got to take the pocket 6K to a train museum. The old trains had a lot of rust and character. This was shot in 6K (mainly 30p slight slow motion):

6K Verions (youtube turned into 5K): https://youtu.be/atnQGyLo7y4

8K Version (with a more aggressive grade): https://youtu.be/GYLXbmOR1rQ
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    Beautiful footage. I thiiink I like the less aggressive grade (even though I just finished with an argument on Reddit about how ppl shouldn’t be so afraid to push their color grades further).

Super clean footage. Maybe a little still.
    But I bet you could sell the crap out of it on a stock footage site ;D

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I was going to do more moves, but the wind was blowing pretty hard at times. It’s funny, when you get a camera with a good amount of dynamic range, you usually want to keep as much of it in the grade as possible. Later, you tell yourself to push it more and be more aggressive (crush some information). I go back and forth with it.

4. Collapse Details
    Totally! Love the textures!

Would be fun to watch this on an 8K screen. Really nice exposure choices. Buttery smooth camera moves!

I really like these little cameras. I am testing a bmp4k at the moment, and have been having fun. Thinking about getting one to use as a B-cam for the F35, and these little cameras share a vibe. They have some rough edges in the highlights, but overall they do a fantastic job for those little shots where a full size camera can’t go. But gotta figure out the battery life! Phew these buggars go quick!

I imagine the 6K raw makes some stunning 4K colour images, especially with all that texture! Thanks for sharing!

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks. I really like shooting in raw, too. If my exposure or white balance is off, I can fix it in post. I just try to save my highlights, unless it’s an extreme situation.

Battery life is bad. I have one 250gb card. I usually fill it up before I kill the 4 batteries I own. They are small and easy to carry. If I had to shoot longer running things without power, I would hook it up to a v mount or Anton bower battery. That should help considerably.
    Last edited by thefilmaddict; 10-13-2019 at 05:59 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    Thanks. I really like shooting in raw, too. If my exposure or white balance is off, I can fix it in post. I just try to save my highlights, unless itís an extreme situation.

Battery life is bad. I have one 250gb card. I usually fill it up before I kill the 4 batteries I own. They are small and easy to carry. If I had to shoot longer running things without power, I would hook it up to a v mount or Anton bower battery. That should help considerably.
    Haha, yeah, the battery life is a joke.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Haha, yeah, the battery life is a joke.
    It is a total joke and so is the lack of viewfinder. And then you look at the raw images at 5.7/6K, high frame rates and just like that, you can't live without them. Put a V-Lock battery with D-tap on your belt and you can power all day with stabilized lenses and SSD's without ever shutting the camera off.