Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Rock N Roller for sure. I'm actually working on a tutorial for adding in DIY shelves and stuff to mine, but damn clients keep needing work done sooo might be a bit longer. Regardless I haven't regretted my RNR for a single second - priced well, durable AF, portable, etc.

2. Collapse Details
    Might also be some useful info in this thread..... http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...ting-Your-Gear

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    Coming from some fabrication background, I thought seriously about fabbing one up from aluminum. Then I slapped myself. I'd rather be shooting than fabbing, I already did my shop time in a previous life.
    IF you have a little design experience you could design and get it built.

Thats what I did after evaluating the market.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwrt10EA...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bydd_INA...on_share_sheet

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    IF you have a little design experience you could design and get it built.

Thats what I did after evaluating the market.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwrt10EA...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bydd_INA...on_share_sheet
    I agree, I think people are put off by the thought of finding someone to weld or don't know how to approach them but it can result in huge savings, plus a more specific product.

I'm getting 3x custom carts/trolleys made up soon hopefully - diffusion frames, milk crates, and larger crates. Will report back.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    OP here, I did purchase the R12 RockNRoller and want to comment on it. I purchased it with the add on shelf.

First, when I received it, from BH, it looked like it had been in a war zone. There were some missing small pieces,, but nothing too serious. Poor condition of shipments from BH is something I have noticed over time and has begun to be the norm IMHO. I single out BH on this as shipments I receive from other vendors are usually in better condition. That is a qualitative not quantitative statement.

Overall, I like the R12 and feel I got some value with a few concerns. The fastening scheme on the shelf is a real kludge and the fit of the tabs that attach to the R12 uprights is pretty lousy. While I like the function of the shelf, the execution is subpar in my view. It is bad enough that I will "improve" it when I get the opportunity.

The R12 has a reasonable compromise between weight and ability to carry some weight. However if I were pushing a load uphill, I would be concerned that the fold up ends, that which you push the load with, could easily fold like a pretzel. This isn't really a harsh criticism since overall weight is a concern, but if you have a 200 lb load and are going up a ramp or steep sidewalk, genuine care would be needed.

If I had more time and energy to fab something myself, I could have started with one of the aluminum multipurpose COSCO hand trucks (commonly sold at Costco for under $100) built a shelf for it and probably had a better result.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrantly View Post
    OP here, I did purchase the R12 RockNRoller and want to comment on it. I purchased it with the add on shelf.

First, when I received it, from BH, it looked like it had been in a war zone. There were some missing small pieces,, but nothing too serious. Poor condition of shipments from BH is something I have noticed over time and has begun to be the norm IMHO. I single out BH on this as shipments I receive from other vendors are usually in better condition. That is a qualitative not quantitative statement.

Overall, I like the R12 and feel I got some value with a few concerns. The fastening scheme on the shelf is a real kludge and the fit of the tabs that attach to the R12 uprights is pretty lousy. While I like the function of the shelf, the execution is subpar in my view. It is bad enough that I will "improve" it when I get the opportunity.

The R12 has a reasonable compromise between weight and ability to carry some weight. However if I were pushing a load uphill, I would be concerned that the fold up ends, that which you push the load with, could easily fold like a pretzel. This isn't really a harsh criticism since overall weight is a concern, but if you have a 200 lb load and are going up a ramp or steep sidewalk, genuine care would be needed.

If I had more time and energy to fab something myself, I could have started with one of the aluminum multipurpose COSCO hand trucks (commonly sold at Costco for under $100) built a shelf for it and probably had a better result.
    Yeah the top shelf assembly sucks. Rather than upright on its wheels, I find screwing screwing the shelf in when completely on its side is much easier. I try to never remove the top shelf though and feel sorry for anyone doing it on the reg.

Without the top shelf, I wouldn't load it up too much because of the potential for pretzling like you mentioned. With top shelf, it'll still "sway" slightly back and forth but I feel pretty comfortable loading it up.

I now view the RNR as an excellent cart that can grab a few items, great for tight spaces where you can take advantage of the small footprint. But I wouldn't want it to be the main workhorse and I try not to load it up too much.

Even a small lip can get dicey if it's too heavy e.g. crossing an intersection solo it's always a debate whether I can go faster and make it or if I need to come to a stop at the bump, walk around to lift those wheels up then return to pushing. Compared with the 10 inch rubbermaid wheels which can hit the lip at pace then make it over.
    Last edited by rob norton; 01-19-2020 at 04:31 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    If you do get the Multi-cart, be sure and get the "Grip and Gaff" bag to go with it. Very handy. Just be careful not to grossly overload the bag. My handle is bent back a bit and I have to use a camlock strap to hold everything in an upright and locked position. (Which coincidentally makes a nice overstrap to help the second layer of stacked cases/bags stay on the cart.)

It's still the best value for the money and most useful accessory you can buy in the world of TV production.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12