Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    hardware for videoediting
    Hello, may be this has been posted already many times, if so please link me some recent topic

Need to assemply a new pc to use with Premiere and the files from my Fuji xt3, 4k, 200/400 mbit...possibily h265

I wanto to but somehting that will allow me to work trying to keep the budget as low as possible.

Right now i canno even play back the files with my I7 2600 (3.4), 32gb ram and gtx760

The first question is INTEL or AMD cpu, then what graphic card

Thanks
    Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

2. Collapse Details
    Just my opinion for what its worth. H265 was not designed to be an editing codec. Its a deliverable codec. Typically, this should either be transcoded to an edit friendly codec or captured via a Ninja V to an edit friendly codec. You also have a proxy workflow as an option.

Any of these methods will save you a ton of money and would not need a powerhouse computer.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelWorksMedia View Post
    Just my opinion for what its worth. H265 was not designed to be an editing codec. Its a deliverable codec. Typically, this should either be transcoded to an edit friendly codec or captured via a Ninja V to an edit friendly codec. You also have a proxy workflow as an option.

Any of these methods will save you a ton of money and would not need a powerhouse computer.
    yes, i a m ready to work with proxy or similar, so don t really want a powerhouse pc
    Still would like suggestion, for example an 8th generation intel will be good?And about gpu, most say that it is not realy crucial in editing, other say to invest a lot on it..what is true?
    Lumix GH3 +Neway CL77H +Rokkor MD50 +Rokkor MD135 + Rokkor 35-75 +Lumix 14-45 +Lumix 45-175

4. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Generally AMD 3000 CPUs outperform Intel CPUs at all levels, but this can vary by the software you are using. ( some NLEs aren't coded well for multi processor CPUs )

As for GPUs, again it will depend on the NLE you are using, but currently nVidia GPUs have a small advantage over the latest generation AMD GPUs. ( you may be able to get a better price on AMD GPUs because of this )

Long term, I would look at buying or building a computer that uses an AMD 570 motherboard that has PCIe 4.0 support and that will be able to use the next gen AMD CPUs coming over the next 3+ years.

5. Collapse Details
    rignt now i use premiere. May be some times i will start to learn Resolve, but ..may be. You confirm AMD is better than Intel?

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanocps View Post
    You confirm AMD is better than Intel?
    Take a look at any of the CPU comparison videos on YouTube that include multi-processor tests, and you will see that AMD takes the cake for multi-processor performance. ( make sure you look at non-gaming benchmarks, as Intel still has a bit of a lead when running 3D games )

Linus Tech Tips even made a video about how to dump your Intel CPU without losing too much money...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    Take a look at any of the CPU comparison videos on YouTube that include multi-processor tests, and you will see that AMD takes the cake for multi-processor performance. ( make sure you look at non-gaming benchmarks, as Intel still has a bit of a lead when running 3D games )

Linus Tech Tips even made a video about how to dump your Intel CPU without losing too much money...

Ok i am quite convinced about AMD cpu. But what about gpu? Amd system based goes well with Nvidia card? Because i have read lots of complaint about AMD gpu!

8. Collapse Details
    Cool
    But what about gpu? Amd system based goes well with Nvidia card? Because i have read lots of complaint about AMD gpu!
    nVidia seems to be the safer bet. I edit with MAGIX Vegas Pro 17 and Vegas seems to like AMD GPUs more than nVidia GPUs. ( currently I'm editing on a 2 year old nVidia GTX 1070 card on my main computer )

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    nVidia seems to be the safer bet. I edit with MAGIX Vegas Pro 17 and Vegas seems to like AMD GPUs more than nVidia GPUs. ( currently I'm editing on a 2 year old nVidia GTX 1070 card on my main computer )
    gtx 1070 is what i am thinking about too...about cpu 3600 would be enough?3700 coust much more...

10. Collapse Details
    Cool
    gtx 1070 is what i am thinking about too...about cpu 3600 would be enough?3700 coust much more...
    Any of the AMD 3000 CPUs should be fine, and you can always upgrade to a higher end CPU in a year or so when the price comes down. ( AMD intends on releasing a newer generation of CPUs roughly every 12 - 18 months, so older CPUs will definitely drop in price )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast