1. Collapse Details
    Roleplay Renegade
    Was looking at my Vimeo page and came across this movie from a couple years ago which I never posted or did much with, so figured, why not. So the year before making this, this guy I used to work with in Florida and I had done a more elaborate and time consuming one-take film for a one-take film competition, Kiss Tape, which I have posted here before. Then the competition was coming up again, but we'd been busy and had figured to not dedicate time to making another one-take movie, and we were out to Dunkin Donuts at midnight, and were like, "Maybe we should make something for that competition. When is it due again?" "Uh, today. Yeah, today, so, like in 24 hours from now." "Oh, then I guess we could start writing the script now, once this Dunkin Donuts order is finished." "Yeah, let's do it!"

So, we spent a bit of time writing the script, but, we had another shoot that day, and didn't finish with that shoot until about 10pm. Which meant, we had just two hours to make the movie, including setup time and editing as it was due at midnight. I rigged three Sennheiser G3 wireless lavs to the C300 Mark II (using the 1/8" port for the third one) in a small handheld rig (with either the Sigma 18-35 or Tokina 11-20, I forget which) that could be passed through car windows, then we used a Canon C100 with a boom mic on a boom pole to record additional/backup audio (C100 cause, I dunno, we didn't have a decent audio recorder sitting around). I was the operator in the car, we had another operator for the out of the car shots.

We started filming around 10:40pm, I believe we did two takes, the second one was usable despite some rough camera movements, but we were on a deadline! Rehearsals and filming wrapped about 40 minutes after it started, and we were off to the edit bay by 11:20pm. As it was approaching midnight and the edit wasn't as polished as wanted, we checked in with the runner of the competition, which was not a timed competition, and he said it wasn't a big deal if we turned it in a little late, so I think the edit, export, and upload ended up getting done around 1am.

Thrown together quickly and certainly not demo reel worthy work, but kind of a fun movie that didn't turn out too terrible given the time constraints we worked with. Sometimes it's fun to just make a movie without a lot of fuss, even if the results typically aren't as good as those with a fuss.

2. The post by JPNola is hidden due to low votes. Click the arrow to the right to expand it.

3. Collapse Details
    Dude, you're comparing an article of millennials oversharing personal information to someone posting their film work on a video production forum.

You private messaged me calling me a jerk, and I'm going to have to ask you to stop harassing my posts with negativity which I keep seeing from you.

In this case, we didn't put a lot of time into this movie, but we did make it, I felt it turned out okay for what it is, and seeing how it only had 20 views after two years, I wanted to post it so it could get more views, while sharing the experience of making a movie in a short time-frame. I also post work to get feedback on.

I don't have a blog, I don't use Instagram much, I never got into Facebook aside from a business page, overall I'm pretty inactive on social media, contrary to most millennials, but, as a production professional who makes art, yeah, I want that work to get exposure, as that's one of the main reasons that people make art, is to share it. You should try sharing your own work more often. And leave me alone. Geeze.
    Last edited by Eric Coughlin; 09-21-2019 at 12:23 PM.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    You private messaged me calling me a jerk

Well, it was in private. But now you've publicly shared that as well.
    Big sources matter.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    [gif of guy sitting back and eating popcorn]

6. Collapse Details
    Eric:

For something tossed together in the couple hours you guys put into it, I think it turned out pretty dang good. I enjoyed watching it and the pace covered up any flaws. I didn't look for any and just didn't have time to notice while trying to keep up with what was happening. Thanks for sharing.

7. Collapse Details
    "To call yourself an artist, you do not need accomplishments; all you need is a good dose of pretentiousness."

-Jesmond Vassallo
    Big sources matter.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.