1. Collapse Details
    How to compress C300 MK1 footage and maintain both audio channels? (Handbrake)
    Hello,

Shot an event for a client on my C300 and C100, I delivered around 100GB of footage. He is now asking if I can compress it all and upload it for him.

I can do this easily using Handbrake but I can't seem to maintain both audio channels. I either get no audio using auto passthru or a mixed mono track. The mixdown selection box does not allow anything other than mono.

Has anyone compressed C300 footage using Handbrake before or does anyone have an alternative method of batch compressing. I have around 200 files to compress.

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    As an alternative you could use: resilio sync

https://www.resilio.com/individuals/

It may take a wile depending on your connection speed but at least that way you can safely transfer large files/folders without loosing quality.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by analog_addict View Post
    The mixdown selection box does not allow anything other than mono.
    I haven't done it with Canon files but have with XAVC and I think it should be the same. No guarantees... been a while but from memory I seem to remember this was the setup I used. This must be done and SAVED at the get go as this establishes how the audio of an added file is to be handled. You can add a number of tracks should you wish. Then of course you could use the Batch coding capability of HandBrake to encode all files in a particular folder by adding them to the encode Queue at the top of the prime window.

Chris Young

Hannbrake audio setup.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cyvideo View Post
    I haven't done it with Canon files but have with XAVC and I think it should be the same. No guarantees... been a while but from memory I seem to remember this was the setup I used. This must be done and SAVED at the get go as this establishes how the audio of an added file is to be handled. You can add a number of tracks should you wish. Then of course you could use the Batch coding capability of HandBrake to encode all files in a particular folder by adding them to the encode Queue at the top of the prime window.

Chris Young

Hannbrake audio setup.jpg
    Hey this worked!

Thanks Chris!

5. Collapse Details
    Good one! Was going from memory and was hoping I had it right

Chris Young