1. Collapse Details
    Client deliverables for social media
    Hi all -

I'm wondering what others on here do when considering deliverables for client videos, particularly for use on social media.

In the past I've only ever created oneoff videos for a company which usually tell their brand story, and the clients have never used it on social media. But I've recently shot a short promo piece that they want to be able to use on social media, and I'm really curious how some of you handle this.

They'd want to include it only on facebook/instagram/youtube for now. I'm aware that it's good to use captions on social media, and from what I can see both youtube and facebook accept caption files to be uploaded rather than baked directly into the video, which is easier to edit and can be read for SEO/accessibility purposes. However it seems instagram doesn't offer this.

So I'm thinking a very basic deliverable package could be:

The full video: (uploaded to youtube, captions added via file and this video also embedded on website)

15 second promo edit 1:
    For use facebook (captions added separately).

15 second promo edit 1:
    For use on Instagram (captions baked in).

15 second promo edit 2:
    For use facebook (captions added separately).

15 second promo edit 2:
    For use on Instagram (captions baked in).

Then obviously all social media posts can direct users to the full video.

What are people's thoughts? Thanks so much!

2. Collapse Details
    Licensing any music might be the harder part. I'm told that Youtube has a very friendly caption editor, so you upload first and then start creating the captions. I think that file can then be downloaded and sent to facebook with the video.

3. Collapse Details
    Wait until they start asking you for 9:16 versions...1:1 is easy enough to manage these days with 4K shooting.

I always tell people to try to budget in time during production for additional shots where possible and definitely additional time for render/exports/re-framing.

Music can generally be licensed for social media use in an overarching license for various terms (1 year of paid promotion, etc). Everyone knows ultimately these things will kick around forever online - simply a matter of how long the client is putting paid media behind. Can definitely help you license for cheaper if they're not paying for views, etc.

KS.
    "I dream for a living" - Steven Spielberg

IMDb Page

www.kegansant.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Buy it one time (depending on usage) from Sound Ideas https://www.sound-ideas.com/Default....SAAEgLnPvD_BwE

If I can remember the name of my sales guy, I'll post that too, real nice guy to work with. All of our recent purchases have been licenses for non-commercial use on the web, and when I had a small content ID claim, all I had to do was email him and he had Youtube white list us for everything that we own. They do per library and per track licensing so it can be pretty cheap. We have a HUGE library of their stuff, music and SFX.