1. Collapse Details
    Pocket 6K - The Bridge
    I did a test to see how well Pocket 6K footage looks when turned into 8K. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/aLAiAMP6FkE
    What do you mean funny? Like a clown? Do I amuse you?! Huh??!!

2. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Without having access to an 8K display, I have no idea how I can possibly evaluate this ?

3. Collapse Details
    True, not many 8k displays exist. I will say that when I watch it full screen on my 5k iMac screen via youtube, the 8K version looks better than the 4k version. Is that because of the higher resolution or is that just the way youtube compresses 8k videos? I am not sure. It also looks really good on a 4k tv.

4. Collapse Details
    To view 8K, you'll need Chrome and to switch youtube playback quality to 4320p.

5. Collapse Details
    Looks pretty on my iPhone. Is there a benefit to upresing to 8k? Over keeping it at its native resolution.

6. Collapse Details
    No real benefit, unless Youtube allows 8k to look better than 4k (less compression). I read that 6k is supposed to be more future proof as we move toward an 8k world (6k is closer to 8k). I am not sure if I believe the hype. Perhaps we won't be able to really notice the resolution until more 8k tvs and monitors come out?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by thefilmaddict View Post
    No real benefit, unless Youtube allows 8k to look better than 4k (less compression). I read that 6k is supposed to be more future proof as we move toward an 8k world (6k is closer to 8k). I am not sure if I believe the hype. Perhaps we won't be able to really notice the resolution until more 8k tvs and monitors come out?
    Yeah and large ones at that. For example I can't really tell a difference between my 4k and HD PC monitor.