Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wildstriker View Post
    I shot my first wedding video (albeit voluntarily) on a Canon 60D and I'm considering adding a 4K 16MM film grain to "hide" the camera's limitations, especially the low light shots (even though the aperture was wide open), as well as to get a certain style look.

I don't recall seeing other wedding videos with this sort of look before (maybe I have, but I just don't remember). So this is kind of uncharted territory for me.

I'm interested in opinions on this. Are film grains in wedding videos make or break?

EDIT:

I fail to mention that I also shot at 720p, because I wanted the 50fps look for slow motion.
    Go for it!

All depends on the type of people you end up working for. They will probably only want a good video. Adding a little grain (almost not visible) can break up the digital compression patterns that create less natural detail. I say go for it, but “film” is less of the standard now, and adding too much grain is just distracting unless you are trying to be vintage looking for effect.

2. Collapse Details
    Post some samples of your work with grain, if you can.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by James0b57 View Post
    Post some samples of your work with grain, if you can.
    This is the film grain I originally had in mind (I'm not a fan of posting my work on forums, I'll remove the link when enough people see it),

EDIT:

Link removed.
    Last edited by wildstriker; 10-02-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12