Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Resurrecting this thread

1. Can anyone speak to the image quality of the EVA1 when recording braw? Do the results have the same kind of image quality and mojo of BMD cameras?

2. Seconding Barry... really want to see VFR support on atmos...

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread...
    I've been searching for a while now for test footage of BRAW with EVA1 but I'm amazed there are rarely any. I actually put on hold the sell of my EVA1 when the BM monitors were announced.

I did come across this: https://www.panasonicvisualsystems.c...inema/braweva1

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by watusi View Post
    Thanks for resurrecting this thread...
    I've been searching for a while now for test footage of BRAW with EVA1 but I'm amazed there are rarely any. I actually put on hold the sell of my EVA1 when the BM monitors were announced.

I did come across this: https://www.panasonicvisualsystems.c...inema/braweva1
    I wonder if it would then also work with the VariCam LT?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fiori View Post
    I wonder if it would then also work with the VariCam LT?
    No, different RAW encoding.
    Mitch Gross
    NYC

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by filmguy123 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread

1. Can anyone speak to the image quality of the EVA1 when recording braw? Do the results have the same kind of image quality and mojo of BMD cameras?

2. Seconding Barry... really want to see VFR support on atmos...
    I have EVA-1 and the 7" BMD Video Assist. All you really get when shooting 5.7k RAW is more pixels. As far dynamic range and image quality, it seems to be identical to what I was getting with 4k ProRes HQ... except more pixels. No fancy controls really of dialing in ISO/White Balance like you would see with other camera's RAW footage (at least in Premiere, haven't played with it in DaVinci but I hear from others that all the fancy RAW stuff is not available).

What the BMDVA really 'unlocks' in the camera is frame rates higher than 60fps... 240fps in particular is SO much better than when shooting internally.

We had some green screen product shot stuff we just wrapped on, in which we decided to use 5.7k RAW on to make it easier to key. Client was complaining because BRAW is apparently not compatible with After Effects yet, so those who are planning to use this for green screen stuff in particular should keep that in mind.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I like it's menu and overall usability better than the Shogun, and the ability to shoot directly to USB-C hard drives is lovely. I've probably used it on over a dozen professional shoots thus far (mostly just used 4k ProRes HQ, only once did we use 5.7k RAW), and it is proving to be a reliable tool.

6. Collapse Details
    FCPX has finally opened up the raw controls for EVA1 footage so I finally might shoot something to my shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbabbish View Post
    I have EVA-1 and the 7" BMD Video Assist. All you really get when shooting 5.7k RAW is more pixels. As far dynamic range and image quality, it seems to be identical to what I was getting with 4k ProRes HQ... except more pixels. No fancy controls really of dialing in ISO/White Balance like you would see with other camera's RAW footage (at least in Premiere, haven't played with it in DaVinci but I hear from others that all the fancy RAW stuff is not available).

What the BMDVA really 'unlocks' in the camera is frame rates higher than 60fps... 240fps in particular is SO much better than when shooting internally.

We had some green screen product shot stuff we just wrapped on, in which we decided to use 5.7k RAW on to make it easier to key. Client was complaining because BRAW is apparently not compatible with After Effects yet, so those who are planning to use this for green screen stuff in particular should keep that in mind.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I like it's menu and overall usability better than the Shogun, and the ability to shoot directly to USB-C hard drives is lovely. I've probably used it on over a dozen professional shoots thus far (mostly just used 4k ProRes HQ, only once did we use 5.7k RAW), and it is proving to be a reliable tool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123