Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    Until they come out with the RGB version that will make the 300X owners regret their purchase, who had regretted their 300D Mark II purchase when the 300X came out, who before that regretted their 300D purchase when the Mark II came out. All in the course of say a three year period.
    What? No 300XXX update with Green/Magenta offsets prior to the announcement of a full RGB version? Seems an over-site on Aputure’s part.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    What? No 300XXX update with Green/Magenta offsets prior to the announcement of a full RGB version? Seems an over-site on Aputure’s part.
    Not till after the 600D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iMb90rNfQ

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Not till after the 600D.
    Very nice!

Actually got wind of that announcement but didn’t want to steal their thunder.

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/88480

And speaking of...intrigued by their “Thunder 5K”. According to that document it looks like their also working on a tube light, the “LS-Tube”. Wonder if they’ll show prototypes of both units at IBC? Imagine the Nova 300c is the RGB panel they’ve been showing prototypes of for awhile now.
    Last edited by Bern Caughey; 09-14-2019 at 08:58 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    Very nice!

Actually got wind of that announcement but didn’t want to steal their thunder.

https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/88480

And speaking of...intrigued by their “Thunder 5K”. According to that document it looks like their also working on a tube light, the “LS-Tube”. Wonder if they’ll show prototypes of both units at IBC?
    Yes, those 2 items certainly sound interesting. I would welcome a tube light as I am currently interested in purchasing the Nanlite Pavotube 30C. I see they have a "Nova 300c" listed on there as well. I wonder if that is a new product if that's now the official name of their RGB panel that is supposed to be released before the end of the year.

5. Collapse Details
    Was editing my post with my Nova 300c speculation when you responded. My guess it is the RGB panel they’ve been showing.

Thanks to you, & TheDingo, for the links!

6. Collapse Details
    ProAV’s video on the prototype 600d just went private.

7. Collapse Details
    600D looks like a no brainer purchase. Was talking to Ted about this at CineGear and he hinted at it but I didn't realize it was going to be so soon. Aputure is a great lil' company and they are pushing the boundaries of what we can do with this tech, at an affordable price.

Re: their other new models...I know that people just LOVE to bitch and moan online but why on earth are people complaining about innovation here. Especially at these prices?!

If you bought the first version, go sell it and spend a few hundred on the new one. Or keep the old one. It still works. A $1k light should pay itself off in a few months of rentals or less.

I am curious about their tube lights but I own a set of 8 Astera Titans and find it hard to believe they will be able to match the power, battery life, ergonomics and flexibility of those. They are a bit premium for tube lights but worth every single penny. Some of the best lights I have ever owned. Put them right up there with the Gemini 2X1 and 1X1 for how often I bring them onto set.

TW
    RED 8K EPIC-W HELIUM | SONY FS7 | CANON C100

Twitter @traviswears
    Instagram @traviswears

www.traviswears.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah, hope they get the 600D out to market asap. Was looking very seriously at purchasing the Forza500.
    Bill Totolo
    L.A.

www.billtotolo.com

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by traviswears View Post
    600D looks like a no brainer purchase. Was talking to Ted about this at CineGear and he hinted at it but I didn't realize it was going to be so soon. Aputure is a great lil' company and they are pushing the boundaries of what we can do with this tech, at an affordable price.

Re: their other new models...I know that people just LOVE to bitch and moan online but why on earth are people complaining about innovation here. Especially at these prices?!

If you bought the first version, go sell it and spend a few hundred on the new one. Or keep the old one. It still works. A $1k light should pay itself off in a few months of rentals or less.

I am curious about their tube lights but I own a set of 8 Astera Titans and find it hard to believe they will be able to match the power, battery life, ergonomics and flexibility of those. They are a bit premium for tube lights but worth every single penny. Some of the best lights I have ever owned. Put them right up there with the Gemini 2X1 and 1X1 for how often I bring them onto set.

TW
    Astera makes some kick-ass products. I bought a LightDrop kit about a month ago and the first time I broke it out on a shoot, the two other shooters I was with said they were going to have to each buy a set and the producer said they were ‘a game changer’. My new “standard interview” kit is now just my two 1x1 Gemini’s and the “briefcase” of Astera LightDrops.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast