1. Collapse Details
    Video Tour Implementation
    I hope I'm posting in the right spot!

I have a historic site that wants to do a series of videos (let's say 8 x 5 minute videos) for their D/HOH visitors. Due to the nature of the site, a video screen fixture is not an option. They're thought is to have 3 tablets available to hand out to visitors that are carried from room to room, with each room having its corresponding video to play.

I need to include the implementation of this in my budget, and I don't know where to start. In the past I've researched video mailers, which have the kind of the set up I am imagining for playback, but not the durability required. Should I be looking for some type of custom tablet solution, or an app developer?

Any thoughts/links would be appreciated!
    Last edited by housetwelve; 09-13-2019 at 10:42 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Please explain in more detail what is it exactly that you're trying to achieve.

You'd like a video to start playing on an iPad/tablet when you enter a certain room? (Maybe via some sort of a trigger?)

3. Collapse Details
    No trigger required. They simply want a video for each room that can be played on demand. Not totally unlike a museum display that would have an accompanying explainer video--except in this case a stationary video screen is out of the question.

So I am looking for some type of tablet type solution, where a guest would be able to select a video to play from a menu. I don't know if that is something that actually exists that I might be able to purchase or if it's buying an iPad with a case that prevents navigating away from a custom app.

4. Collapse Details
    There are most likely a handful of dedicated applications that include a simple customizable player and menu system.

For what seems like a straightforward task in your case, a lot of people would simply have the videos preloaded on the tablets in separate windows where you could just swipe left or right and press play with your finger.

Even Vimeo could work by having videos in an assorted 3-video playlist. Room #1, #2, #3 (whatever) and you'd press play.

5. Collapse Details
    I really wanted to avoid a situation where somebody could navigate incorrectly or misuse the device (and there is a lot of internet/security things to take into consideration).

But I reached out to some SV connections and learned a lot about MSM and kiosk mode and am pretty satisfied with the iPad option!