Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    As I said, not my cup of tea. On a bunch of levels. First is that as a fifth generation Californian, before the move, I just squirm at these kinds of videos as basically a parody of the stereotypy "CA, Valley girl" .... stuff. But then Goop creeps me out also. So I am probably not the voice to listen to since obviously there is a market that is just loving this "style". But I would use these as poster childs for how not to abuse reverb.

Now that I went there I will also say different genres have different "styles". I also hate with out reservation all "reality TV" I have seen. And I have worked on some. So while these may make me grab the stop button that may just be about me.

So for me, ignoring the content (and heck I have worked on plenty of projects I needed to ignore the content on so no judgments) I feel the reverb on these is way over the top. The spots are not "realistic" so it's not so much that they don't match the image but they just sound , to me, like someone new to sound just found the FX slot and is having a good time. Kind of like WWW ads with way over blown echo. For me when I hear this kind of OTT FX I just hit mute, or stop the video. I am probably not your demographic so that is not a reason not to do it but FYI I would never finish watching something with that much self indulgent SFX on it.

That said on my own playing around I might do something like this because reverb can be "cool". But then I would regain consciousness and turn it WAY down.
    Cheers
    SK

Scott Koue
    Web Page
    Noiz on Noise

ďIt ainít ignorance that causes all the troubles in this world, itís the things that people know that ainít soĒ

Edwin Howard Armstrong
    creator of modern radio

2. Collapse Details
    Lol Scott Jacqui is from Cincinnati, Ohio, and she asked for these effects to be turned up. Fits the style of the production, so I obliged

As noted in the prior post I suggested turning the effects down and having the result reviewed by others for exactly the points you made regarding OTT FX. If your client asks for more...

3. Collapse Details
    ;~) not far from where I am now!
    Cheers
    SK

Scott Koue
    Web Page
    Noiz on Noise

ďIt ainít ignorance that causes all the troubles in this world, itís the things that people know that ainít soĒ

Edwin Howard Armstrong
    creator of modern radio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12