Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I am excited for the lesser versions of these cameras. Even if they are much more limited, they are probably still going to be really good, and for some of us even better options.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    I am excited for the lesser versions of these cameras. Even if they are much more limited, they are probably still going to be really good, and for some of us even better options.
    Yeah, tbh, i’d be ok with a camera that had almost zero options, but an amazing sensor and picture profile.

Box with screw holes for lens mount options
    24p/180 (it’d kind of be cool to only have 24 and 23.98 with a 180degree shutter, that’s it)
    Native clean iso 800 that can push to 3200 with a bit of post NR. 4K raw or higher.
    Mag erase and eject control.
    Rec button
    Internal ND

Done.
    Last edited by James0b57; 02-26-2020 at 08:52 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    I would take a legit 16-stop 2.5K 444 camera in a box. ND filters sound good.

With lovely colors that make the images pop. The BMCC from 2012 was a very simple box with almost zero options and like 5 menu items. Its specialty was supersampling and RAW. An advanced version of that would be nice. 120p all the way through, no crop.

This camera can still play 8 years later. Some view it as BM's best sensor ever.

4. Collapse Details
    I like having a slightly larger 4K sensor, rather than a standard size 2K one. End of day is somewhat similar resolution, but has the option for anamorphic or using more of a spherical lens. I also like the proximity i can find on 35mm and 50mm with APS-H. Which is a reason i love the 1DC and Red Gemini.
    Last edited by James0b57; 02-25-2020 at 12:36 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Oh, yea - the sensor should definitely be 4K or more...just meant a 2K output above. (The BMCC was a throwback from a different time.)

6. Collapse Details
    Does the FX9 have 180fps, or is it at least getting that feature later on? I've read conflicting reports on that. I don't shoot that high very often, but it is nice to at least have that on the FS7.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    This chap mentions a price drop due to currency exchange rates- if accurate for your country, an even better deal:

Regarding memory cards for the FX9 (Sony XQD) and C500 II (CFExpress): they are identical, can even insert into each others readers. Apparently a firmware update might make them compatible with each other https://www.slrlounge.com/prograde-d...-memory-cards/ :
    So what does this mean for those who adopted XQD cameras? Well, actually, it may mean you are just fine and ahead of the curve. CFexpress has the same form factor as XDQ, and the nature of the format is backwards compatible, so theoretically they should both be able to be used interchangeably, though likely with a firmware tweak. This is good news though, because that form factor is more resilient and cheaper than the pin-less CFAST cards that are prohibitively expensive.
    Getting CFExpress support on the FX9 would be an attractive FW update to reduce operating costs if one already owns CFExpress cards (quick search appears XQD and CFExpress are priced about the same).
    Last edited by jcs; 02-25-2020 at 03:20 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post
    Does anyone hack Fs7 / C300 level cameras? Could the FX9 be hacked to unlock features or to expand its capability? Or is that too far beyond the ability of any would-be hacker? Are there ever any “pirate” software updates? Or are people too afraid to jack with equipment of so great a cost? Theoretically, could the FX9 be hacked to record internal raw or to record in 6K?
    Man, I would legit pay someone to hack the Canon 1DX Mark III just to remove the 30 minute video recording time limt.
    Jaime VallÚs
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Milligan View Post
    Does the FX9 have 180fps, or is it at least getting that feature later on? I've read conflicting reports on that. I don't shoot that high very often, but it is nice to at least have that on the FS7.
    I just returned the FX9 to Sony yesterday. 120 FPS 1080 only today, 180 FPS is coming in the V2.0 FW that is announced at NAB 2020. So is DCI. It would be nice if that also added 2K.
    Last edited by puredrifting; 02-26-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast