Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    They're saying it offers 100% of P3. Which is a pretty serious spec. I wonder if it'll correlate to an accurate (as far as 2500 Nit screens can be) colour reproduction.

Has anyone heard whether there's confirmation of SDI/HDMI cross-conversion on these? The inability of the Ninja to convert it's HDMI signal to the SDI ports on the SDI module, makes it only half useful to me. If this can do both, then I'll be picking a couple of them up.

Also, can it display 17:9 images in full? The Ninja V's cropped display of DCI images is a nightmare.
    Not sure I ever heard of a 135 degree viewing angle display with 100% p3 color. I would love to be wrong but some of these specs do not line up. For how long is that p3 color going to stay 100% with no way of tweaking or calibrating?

2. Collapse Details
    I looked at this at NAB NY a couple days ago and the screen is really bright and the monitor is surprisingly compact and interface seems improved over the old bmva. Only thing I noticed was there seemed to be line smearing or something... Maybe burn in?
    Noah Yuan-Vogel
    http://www.noahyv.com

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
    Not sure I ever heard of a 135 degree viewing angle display with 100% p3 color. I would love to be wrong but some of these specs do not line up. For how long is that p3 color going to stay 100% with no way of tweaking or calibrating?
    Generally color doesn't shift as much as brightness over time.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    Generally color doesn't shift as much as brightness over time.
    Colours do drift, especially the white point, the higher the operating brightness, the faster the drift.

Post production facilities with HDR reference monitors calibrate DAILY.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123