1. Collapse Details
    FS5 Autofocus Assist
    Hi,

Just picked up a FS5 and going to use it at some live events.

Are there any focus zones or is it center point only? Additionally i saw that there is suppose to be boxes when it's going face focus but that's not showing for me.

Any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    You will find the answer in the manual on page 45. “camcorder detects faces and focuses onone of them (the default setting is [OFF]).You can use this function when the FOCUS(AUTO/MAN) switch A is set to"AUTO.”

Plus more info about the feature. Always pays to read the manual.

3. Collapse Details
    Definitely saw that in the manual and have it turned on for face detect. I'm just wondering why Im not getting the boxes like in the manual and this video. https://youtu.be/mniTYpWRtJc

Also not getting focus points to show up so it just kinda focuses and I'm using a focus peaking to check focus. It seems like it can only focus on center point?
    Last edited by JChang; 09-13-2019 at 01:02 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Turn focus peaking on. There are a couple of color choices and widths. Also use the focus mag button on the grip which also has menu options I never found the face defect feature to be very useful and don’t use it. I do use the push focus feature on occasion and find that it works quite well with Sony e mount lenses.

Also check out Doug Jensen’s video tutorial on Vimeo. It is quite thorough.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the video tip! He answers the question in the video. Not available on the FS5. Only the FS7