1. Collapse Details
    Best option for wall a/c power to F23?
    I have a potential show at my work that wants to have me run my F23 for a conference and i'd need the camera hooked to wall power the entire day safely. I assume LEMO is still the best bet for that? What are my options? Thanks guys
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2008 W/ AJA Kona 3 Dual-Link 4:4:4 Capture Card
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    I have a potential show at my work that wants to have me run my F23 for a conference and i'd need the camera hooked to wall power the entire day safely. I assume LEMO is still the best bet for that? What are my options? Thanks guys
    The Anton Bauer Tandem 70, as long as you don't draw more than 70 watts from it. That should be good for camera and monitor.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Krumlauf View Post
    Mike, running the SRW1 you are going to need some wattage. Check your battery charger, and see if it has a power output. If it does, all you need is usually a 4 pin XLR to either the Lemo or the 4pin in the IF Box. My Core SWX super simple charger outputs 90W, My Paglink PL16 (Amazing brand FYI) outputs 200W!!! My very expensive AB Performance charger only 70W (I mean... WTF)...You won't charge batteries at the same time, but if it can handle it, you are in good shape.

I know you are GM, but a simple cheap plate switch gives you other options. In V-Mount option, there is also the Sony DN 2B which delivers 150W. I have one and works great. The other recommended PSU unit in V mount for these cameras is the Sony DN 10. I have it and it is totally quiet. The DN 2B has a fan... The DN 10 is only 100W though. Those 2 are recommended by SONY in the F23/35 manual. They don't dissapoint.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rbirnbaum View Post
    Mike, running the SRW1 you are going to need some wattage. Check your battery charger, and see if it has a power output. If it does, all you need is usually a 4 pin XLR to either the Lemo or the 4pin in the IF Box. My Core SWX super simple charger outputs 90W, My Paglink PL16 (Amazing brand FYI) outputs 200W!!! My very expensive AB Performance charger only 70W (I mean... WTF)...You won't charge batteries at the same time, but if it can handle it, you are in good shape.

I know you are GM, but a simple cheap plate switch gives you other options. In V-Mount option, there is also the Sony DN 2B which delivers 150W. I have one and works great. The other recommended PSU unit in V mount for these cameras is the Sony DN 10. I have it and it is totally quiet. The DN 2B has a fan... The DN 10 is only 100W though. Those 2 are recommended by SONY in the F23/35 manual. They don't dissapoint.
    Actually lucky me, my company only needs the F23 as they are running it into a Blackmagic Atem switcher and recording the PGM show to a KiPro as a ProRes 422 file. So I just need something to be able to power the F23 itself... SRW is sitting out for this one :b
    Mike Krumlauf
    JSAV A/V Technician
    Denver Tech Center

GEAR
    Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2008 W/ AJA Kona 3 Dual-Link 4:4:4 Capture Card
    Apple Macbook Pro 15-inch 2007
    Final Cut Studio 3