1. Collapse Details
    Canon 1DC Firmware Version 1.4.2 Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability
    DVXuser Sponsor
    Firmware Version: EOS-1D C: Firmware Version 1.4.2

Firmware Version 1.4.2 incorporates the following fixes:

Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.
    Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.
    Firmware Version 1.4.2 includes all improvements and fixes provided in previous firmware versions

Support
    Canon USA will perform this Firmware Update on the EOS-1D C Cinema EOS Camera free of charge. Shipping and handling charges may apply. Please contact the Canon Customer Support Center for details.

This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.

Please register the EOS-1D C. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future Firmware Updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.

Thank you,
    Customer Support Operations
    Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Contact Information for Inquiries
    Canon Customer Support Center
    Phone: 1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)
    1-855-246-3367
    TDD: 1-855-270-3277
    Email: CinemaEOS@cits.canon.com
    For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support
    Terry Nixon
    terry@tmsav.com
    Texas Media Systems
    Phone 1-512-440-1400 Ext 203
    Twitter Facebook Instagram Linkedin

2. Collapse Details
    Throwback...and you're still looking out for us!

3. Collapse Details
    While 1DX III is likely to be on the way (even rumored to have full frame 6K video to boot).

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    While 1DX III is likely to be on the way (even rumored to have full frame 6K video to boot).
    Yeah but I’d say the 1DC is still relevant because even years after release, it’s arguably the best Canon DSLR (I don’t know much about their mirrorless cams). The 1DX II has AF and better rolling shutter, but is missing c-log and the s35 crop mode and uses much more expensive media.

Sucks that you still have to send the camera to Canon to get a simple FW update installed, but I guess I’ll have it done next time I have the camera cleaned.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon View Post
    Yeah but I’d say the 1DC is still relevant because even years after release, it’s arguably the best Canon DSLR (I don’t know much about their mirrorless cams). The 1DX II has AF and better rolling shutter, but is missing c-log and the s35 crop mode and uses much more expensive media.

Sucks that you still have to send the camera to Canon to get a simple FW update installed, but I guess I’ll have it done next time I have the camera cleaned.
    I would have thought at this point, they would have put the firmware online, but I guess.....

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon View Post
    Yeah but I’d say the 1DC is still relevant because even years after release, it’s arguably the best Canon DSLR (I don’t know much about their mirrorless cams). The 1DX II has AF and better rolling shutter, but is missing c-log and the s35 crop mode and uses much more expensive media....
    1D XII was video crippled, although Canon would defend itself by saying that 4K cameras now are a dime a dozen and the company has alternatives for the video shooters in its general price range in C300 MKII and C200 (the latter came out a year after 1D XII).

As to 1D C, it was 4K when people were still saying, "I don't need 4K".

From a marketing perspective, 1 D XIII would be (kind of, sort of) competing with D6 and A9 MKII. Sony's supposed to announce before the end of October. Nikon has announced a name.*

*That reminds me of the old bit from Newsradio (perhaps my favorite sitcom of the 1990's).

Exchange between Phil and Dave, early 2nd season, a seminal bit that signaled the show's turn into a phenomenally well done absurdist comedy. (wording by recollection)

Phil - You don't know how hard it is to write an autobiography. I've spent months and all I've got so far is the outline.

Dave - How many words is that?

Phil. - Two. The. Outline.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    I would have thought at this point, they would have put the firmware online, but I guess.....
    It likely - I assume that it does - requires the FPGA reprogramming with a special software developer package.