Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Expect Sony to follow their FS7/FS5 concept so yes a FF sensor and AF but no XAVC-I. Also a slightly improved body compared to FS5.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Brown View Post
    Expect Sony to follow their FS7/FS5 concept so yes a FF sensor and AF but no XAVC-I. Also a slightly improved body compared to FS5.
    One can hope it will at least get 10bit 4K though!
    And it will be interesting to see what kind of raw output it gets.
    Sony NEX-FS700R | A7S | Odyssey 7Q+ | Atomos Ninja V
    FE: Sony 24-70/2.8 GM, 70-200/2.8 GM, 28-135/4, 50/1.8, 28-70, SEL: 50/1.8, 35/1.8, 18-105/4
    Samyang 16, 35 & 85mm Cine
    Sachtler Flowtech 75 | Benro S8
    MacBook Pro 2018 6-core i7 2.6 ghz / 32gb ram / 512gb HD | macOS Catalina
    Hackintosh i7-8700K 6-core 3.7 ghz / 32 gb ram / 512gb NVMe / Radeon RX 580 | macOS Mojave

3. Collapse Details
    For the love of God let it have clip naming, mluts and a waveform monitor. Oh and a better LCD / EVF.

4. Collapse Details
    Some things will get much better IF Sony puts the same operation software in the FX6 as in the FX9 so let's hope so.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy9 View Post
    For the love of God let it have clip naming, mluts and a waveform monitor. Oh and a better LCD / EVF.
    You just described the FS7 and the FX9. Buy one.
    If the FX6 is basically a FF version of the FS5, as I think it will be, then it is unlikely to have any of those things because it won't be an XDCAM. Most of whatever you like or dislike about the FS5 will just be carried over, same as they have done with the FS7 to FX9 evolution.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    You just described the FS7 and the FX9. Buy one.
    If the FX6 is basically a FF version of the FS5, as I think it will be, then it is unlikely to have any of those things because it won't be an XDCAM. Most of whatever you like or dislike about the FS5 will just be carried over, same as they have done with the FS7 to FX9 evolution.
    I hear you but I love the size, ergonomics and modularity of the FS5. I'd happily pay the FX9 price for an FX9 mini. For me, it would be a better camera - even if the codecs are limited.

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah, a smaller FS7/FX9 is an attractive idea but I wouldn't expect this camera to be it. I'm sure it will basically be a FF version of the FS5MII with a few additional changes. Just as the FX9 is basically just a FF version of the FS7MII. I will be shocked to my core if Sony brings over the menus and functionality of the FS7/FX9 over to the FX6. The FS7 and FS5 are built by two different divisions (used be called NXCAM and XDCAM) so I think cameras that evolve from those cameras will continue to be totally different cameras on the inside.
    Last edited by Doug Jensen; 11-27-2019 at 05:30 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy9 View Post
    II'd happily pay the FX9 price for an FX9 mini. For me, it would be a better camera - even if the codecs are limited.
    I'm just the opposite. I'd gladly pay the price for a bigger ENG-style FX9 that looks like a Z450. Just shows how there is no way to please everyone.

9. Collapse Details
    You could always screw some dive weights onto the smaller cam to beef it up - but not the other way round

10. Collapse Details
    It's not the just the weight, it is the total ergonomics, button placement, handheld balance, etc. that only an ENG camera design offers. And I miss being able to sling a camera over my shoulder with a Portabrace strap without having a dozen sharp edges jabbing me all over the place.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast